LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just came from over at s10forums.com and there is nothing but tweed in their interiors forum....wtf is up with this shit..i personally thinks it looks pretty plain and tacky...i would never roll anything with tweed in it....can anyone explain why everyone thinks this is the stuff to have because i cant see why its so popular

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
im kinda like u,,,i use to hate tweed,,,,,but i think the reason people like it so much,,,,,cuz it looks clean,,,,if u mix tweed with vinyl, makes a good combo,,,,looks kinda like stock,,,but u can tell that its been dun up...its a nice look....not all wild and crazy like u can do with crush,,and not smooth as vinyl,,,,but both together looks really good,,,or even 2 different colors of tweed together,,,,,i have to admit,,,it is itchy and scratchy,,,but looks clean,,,...and it stretches really good ;)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats on the door panels just a layer of sew foam and sewn in designs or is that contour foam and glue?? or a mix of the two?
i just recently had to put the name of a guys boat on his settee headrests with ultraleather...massive pain in the ass...that stuff wrinkles up extremely bad...had to pin it and glue it down before i could sew the design in and it took 4 fucking hours on 2 headrests because of the material wrinkling....plus after it was all done and over with the man wanted the headrests softer so i had to swap the foam out for the softests and once you touch it it wrinkles up again...oh well it was delivered wrinkle free and i warned him about it beforehand

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I think tweed looks like shit and if your going to redo your interior might as well make it better then it was and not put some tweed or that velvet shit in there. Tweed is rough and looks like a dirty ass carpet. Velvet is soft but looks tacky and dosent seem durable. But to each their own atleast its original.

·
Registered
311 Posts
what would you use if you didn't use tweed or velvet...

vinyl right, but what else looks nice but not too tacky, I was planning on a combo vinyl and suede in my ride,

what are some other combos that look nice?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Depends on how much you pay for stuff but it would be one of these vinyal, leather, suede or alcantran ( not sure how to spell it) looks like suede though. Almost any color besides white and grey looks good with a shade of tan just depends on what the other color would be.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Dec 27 2003, 06:00 PM
whats on the door panels just a layer of sew foam and sewn in designs or is that contour foam and glue?? or a mix of the two?
i just recently had to put the name of a guys boat on his settee headrests with ultraleather...massive pain in the ass...that stuff wrinkles up extremely bad...had to pin it and glue it down before i could sew the design in and it took 4 fucking hours on 2 headrests because of the material wrinkling....plus after it was all done and over with the man wanted the headrests softer so i had to swap the foam out for the softests and once you touch it it wrinkles up again...oh well it was delivered wrinkle free and i warned him about it beforehand
these particular ones are just sewn in i do indented ones and raised ones too but i use landau foam wich makes the seat hard.....great effect though.

indented......

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cadillacart@Dec 27 2003, 10:32 PM
what would you use if you didn't use tweed or velvet...

vinyl right, but what else looks nice but not too tacky, I was planning on a combo vinyl and suede in my ride,

what are some other combos that look nice?
ultrasuede is a real nice material to work with....it comes in alot of colors and is extremely durable and stain resistant...only downside to it is that its expensive....but you get what you pay for ya know

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Tweed is a mini truck thing just like Velvet is a low rider thing.

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by luvregals@Dec 30 2003, 06:49 PM
tweed has been around for years now... it was popularized by hot rodders...its real cheap and is easy to use..and the things you could do with it are endles..
;)

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
U said, "REAL CHEAP" ?? WTF, were the fuk are u getting yer tweed at ?!?! CHEAP?

I'm going to do my Blazer over, maybe tweed but it's kind of over played in S10s and Blazers so i'm trying to think of something differant, I thought of fiberglass but nothing extreme, like the stupid idiots that do the WHOLE interior, including seats, carpet and headliner over in fiberglass, that's fucking retarded IMO.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by SDimeBlazin@Dec 31 2003, 01:24 AM
U said, "REAL CHEAP" ?? WTF, were the fuk are u getting yer tweed at ?!?! CHEAP?

I'm going to do my Blazer over, maybe tweed but it's kind of over played in S10s and Blazers so i'm trying to think of something differant, I thought of fiberglass but nothing extreme, like the stupid idiots that do the WHOLE interior, including seats, carpet and headliner over in fiberglass, that's fucking retarded IMO.
HATER!! How are you gonna call someone who glasses their interior a stupid idiot?WTF Do you have any idea how much work is involved? Or are you just one of those people who hate shit and talk shit about things you cannot do or afford to pay someone else to do? :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Originally posted by KurupT@Dec 27 2003, 12:56 PM
plus designz work really well in this fabric cuz it has a stiff quality to it that keeps it from wrinkling up on me when i put designz in it.......

or

and we all know how Kurupt likes stiff things and tweed is cool dude :biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts