LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
After a while it can. It depends on how crazy you get. I had to have my carb. rebuilt due to hopping, you can break motor/transmission mounts from hopping/bouncing. I don't know of it causing and internal damage but possibly after a while.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
your motor sure can fuck with your frame thou, if you aint reinforcing it properly... ;)

Last edited by badass 64 at Nov 13 2003, 10:39 AM

·
Registered
970 Posts
I m just wondering can it mess up you motor with all that bouncin i say if y put hydros in a car u can put a motor too, probably a 350 i dont care wut car it is ive never had any major problems to speak of hitem if ya got em

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
well, after hopping and hopping and hopping and hopping, your motor will mess up badly... hasn't happened to me... but on a few people who hop the hell out of their cars... it has happened...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 13 2003, 11:35 AM
well, after hopping and hopping and hopping and hopping, your motor will mess up badly... hasn't happened to me... but on a few people who hop the hell out of their cars... it has happened...
I dont want no hoppin just fbss and pancake will that do any damage. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
motor mounts will probably go if the are still factory. mine went out then my exhaust manifold broke from hitting the frame

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Nov 13 2003, 02:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Nov 13 2003, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 13 2003, 11:35 AM
well, after hopping and hopping and hopping and  hopping, your motor will mess up badly... hasn't happened to me... but on a few people who hop the hell out of their cars... it has happened...
I dont want no hoppin just fbss and pancake will that do any damage. :)[/b][/quote]
nope... just make sure your engine has oil... but, to answer your question... no damage will be done by playing with your switches... hopping is another question.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Nov 13 2003, 02:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Nov 13 2003, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 13 2003, 11:35 AM
well, after hopping and hopping and hopping and  hopping, your motor will mess up badly... hasn't happened to me... but on a few people who hop the hell out of their cars... it has happened...
I dont want no hoppin just fbss and pancake will that do any damage. :)[/b][/quote]
if you're not gonna be clownin and hoppin the shit out of it, i wouldn't worry at all
i've had mine for 3 years and my engine runs like a charm
just watch the output shaft on your tranny.... if you drive locked up it overextends the driveshaft and can cause leaky seals in the tranny output shaft
not a big deal, but i thought i'd let ya know
peace

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Mine's been lifted since the summer of '96 and haven't had any problems with engine other than replaced the motor and tranny mounts a few times. And now that I think about it, I've put my ride through hell and back and the engine still runs like a champ, then again I gotta give props to my good 'ol 403. ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I never drive with my front all the way locked and my ass all the way dumped for more than a few minutes. I don't like the idea of all the motor oil going to the back of the engine and not lubricating the front of the engine properly. I kow that you have an oil pump but you should level out the car once in awhile. You shouldn't have a problem though.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 14 2003, 03:23 AM
Mine's been lifted since the summer of '96 and haven't had any problems with engine other than replaced the motor and tranny mounts a few times. And now that I think about it, I've put my ride through hell and back and the engine still runs like a champ, then again I gotta give props to my good 'ol 403. ;)
ahhhh the 403. thats what i have and ive went through motor mounts before, once the one broke and the powersteering pump hit the steering gearbox and bent the pully and pump shaft, other than that minor playing isnt gonna do much, sometimes it will mess up your carb floats. major hopping is another story

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by mrbigdaddy12+Nov 14 2003, 09:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrbigdaddy12 @ Nov 14 2003, 09:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--CaliLow@Nov 13 2003, 08:42 PM
I say just fuck it all up.
i agree with this[/b][/quote]
no no no it cost money to fix :cheesy:

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb+Nov 14 2003, 12:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chaddyb @ Nov 14 2003, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 14 2003, 03:23 AM
Mine's been lifted since the summer of '96 and haven't had any problems with engine other than replaced the motor and tranny mounts a few times.  And now that I think about it, I've put my ride through hell and back and the engine still runs like a champ, then again I gotta give props to my good 'ol 403. ;)
ahhhh the 403. thats what i have and ive went through motor mounts before, once the one broke and the powersteering pump hit the steering gearbox and bent the pully and pump shaft, other than that minor playing isnt gonna do much, sometimes it will mess up your carb floats. major hopping is another story[/b][/quote]
What kinda ride you have?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts