LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u no the lil hole thing rite here....were i circled it with the lil circle does that matter if u bondo over it???? i didnt but i mean i might need to becuz the metal sticks out a lil farther then it shuld i started to file it and its near the frame but if i bondo there it prolly gun get in teh hole sooo...do i need that hole or no?

Attachments

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
i'd say yes, your fender rattles like a bastard if you don't.

leave the hole there and the underside of the bit behind the seatpost open.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by just lowriding@Sep 18 2005, 12:12 PM~3837690
i'd say yes, your fender rattles like a bastard if you don't.

leave the hole there and the underside of the bit behind the seatpost open.

what do u mean under side of the bit behind the seat post open?? can u show me a picture of what u mean =/

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by East Siderr@Sep 18 2005, 12:17 PM~3837715
what do u mean under side of the bit behind the seat post open?? can u show me a picture of what u mean =/

you see where that small piece has been bondo'd behind the seatpost near where you have circled?

the bottom of that, don't bondo it so that you can get to the bolt ;)

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
i bondoed mine..i figured it was for a reflector or something :)

doesnt matter though cuz i dont kno how ud hook up ur fender to it :s

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ima just leave it open lol fuck how bout a pic just lowriding i mean i dont know all the names n parts n shit so just a simple pic would be easy to help me a lil?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it possible to not use enough hardener??? but if i put like 1/4 of a inch of hardener out a decent glob of bondo it will dry with time right??? becuz my dad said it might not be dry rite now becuz it was outside in the cold and the moisture in the air is makin it harder for it to dry? but it will be dry over night rite ohh god i hope so im almost done!!!!

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by East Siderr@Sep 19 2005, 06:07 AM~3840193
is it possible to not use enough hardener??? but if i put like 1/4 of a inch of hardener out a decent glob of bondo it will dry with time right??? becuz my dad said it might not be dry rite now becuz it was outside in the cold and the moisture in the air is makin it harder for it to dry? but it will be dry over night rite ohh god i hope so im almost done!!!!
Yes. You can never use too much but you can use too little. IF you don't use enough it'll never harden and you'll end up with something that'll be soft like clay forever and have to redo it. Moisture and all will screw it up too. The only problem you run into when using too much hardener is it might harden faster than normal but if you work like Flash Gordon and spread it down fast enough it won't be a problem ;)

Depending on the amount of bondo you used it should be ok. I'd bring it in the garage or something for sure though cuz the moisture will really screw it up while its trying to dry, it might warp it or you'll get moisture between the metal and bondo and it'll eventually crack or flake off :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea it aw s out side for about 20 minutes but i brought it in garage and ima go check on it rite now nce its been like a hour....FUC KTHE RAIDERS LOST GODDAMNIT....brb ima check..... :thumbsup: its drying just taking longer then usual WOOOOO!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts