LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna start auto painting as a business for myself wondering what company should i get a account with like lowes or home depot which stores come in handy the most im gonna get account with my paint store was wondering were do most of you get your supplies from at good rates thansk in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got some good links or the companys you use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i would like a general ideas of what i should buy first i am sick of cheap tools but i can only afford to buy a couple tools at a time with each job i plan on taking my time with this as i plan to be very detailed and precise in the end with my work no rush i dont want fast i want perfect ;)
 

·
The Great White Hype
Joined
·
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Feb 3 2010, 04:32 AM~16497067
also i would like a general ideas of what i should buy first i am sick of cheap tools but i can only afford to buy a couple tools at a time with each job i plan on taking my time with this as i plan to be very detailed and precise in the end with my work no rush i dont want fast i want perfect  ;)
Id say buy tools that have a warranty on them. The longer warranties will help you while money is low. Cause if it breaks..... your not coming out of pocket for another tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,888 Posts
I don't know what to tell you

but I will say this Dynabrade makes the best da's in my opinion and I don't think lowes has them

also Hutchins makes a real nice straight line sander and I know they don't carry that brand either

make sure you have good paint guns or at least know how to spray real good

I'm not talking about $ata guns either you can get a just as nice guns made by binks or devilbiss

for instance my binks m1-g I love this gun I have 2 of them they are light and you can use a 3 horse compressor with it

a well respected painter on here uses one also and he swears by it

make sure you have at least a 60 gallon compressor if you plan on doing big stuff like cars etc. you will want this to run da's, air tools, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,936 Posts
ya get your self a pair of nice guns, and get some tools that will last, i got a florida pneumatic da sander that i bought about 4 years ago, just oil it every once in a while and its runnin great still use it to this day, along with my devilbiss gti gun bought that at the same time and that is still spraying great, never even had to buy a rebuild kit for it yet (knock on wood) however i also have 3 satas that i use and a few other cheapies.

but try to find some nice quality tools for a good price and make sure you take care of them, thats the most important thing, take care of your tools!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Feb 3 2010, 05:45 PM~16503012
I don't know what to tell you

but I will say this Dynabrade makes the best da's in my opinion and I don't think lowes has them

also Hutchins makes a real nice straight line sander and I know they don't carry that brand either

make sure you have good paint guns or at least know how to spray real good

I'm not talking about $ata guns either    you can get a just as nice guns made by binks or devilbiss

for instance my binks m1-g   I love this gun I have 2 of them  they are light and you can use a 3 horse compressor with it  

a well respected painter on here uses one also and he swears by it

make sure you have at least a 60 gallon compressor if you plan on doing big stuff like cars etc. you will want this to run da's, air tools, etc.
Thank You are you talking about this one DA Sanderokay so i got some calls today and my starting price for a whole car is 2k+ depending on materials etc.. is that too little or too much alot of them were fine with that price also how much is fair to cut and buff with the paint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Feb 3 2010, 06:40 PM~16503688
ya get your self a pair of nice guns, and get some tools that will last, i got a florida pneumatic da sander that i bought about 4 years ago, just oil it every once in a while and its runnin great still use it to this day, along with my devilbiss gti gun bought that at the same time and that is still spraying great, never even had to buy a rebuild kit for it yet (knock on wood) however i also have 3 satas that i use and a few other cheapies. 

but try to find some nice quality tools for a good price and make sure you take care of them, thats the most important thing, take care of your tools!!
thanks i appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Feb 3 2010, 07:22 AM~16497745
Id say buy tools that have a warranty on them. The longer warranties will help you while money is low. Cause if it breaks..... your not coming out of pocket for another tool.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the reason getting a account at lowes was for the compressor but i was baked and didnt specify sorry about that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Feb 5 2010, 06:47 PM~16526595
SERIOUS QUESTION IM READY TO GO BUY THE COMPRESSOR  WILL THIS ONE PUT IN WORK ???

THIS IS THE FIRST ONE I SAW AND NEED TO KNOW ALSO CHECKED OUT SOME GUNS AND SOME DIAMONT PRODUCTS MAN I CAN WAIT TO SPRAY THAT SHIT

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg6...catalogId=10053
that compressor will work if it is one person running stuff at a time. It wont really keep up with two tools going at once. It would work until you can save up to get something better down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YEA THE COMP IS JUST FOR ME BUT I FOUND THIS PORTER CABLE 60 GAL WITH 3.2 HP AND 10 CFM FOR 600 SO I THINK IMA GO THAT ROUTE SINCE IMA BE USING IT FOR MOSTLY BODY WORK AND PAINT ONLY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
:cool:

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks homie :cool:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top