LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 83 cutlass with a 307 motor and i plan on keeping the car. It's my only car right now. Could you all give me some info on the best set up to get the best mpg with a 307 for daily driving? Have to drive back and fourth to work and school.. THank you all!

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 14 2010, 12:02 PM~16608738
what you mean by "setup"? as in hydros or shit with your motor? :dunno:
probably means he'd like to make the car reliable, and do whatever possible to increase MPGs

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
i got a v6 motor for sale in san diego 300

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Dont drive like a jack ass everywhere.Meaning dont put it to the floor everywhere you go.

Take a couple minutes every week check fluids,tire pressure,signals,lights etc.

I'm also a firm believer in buying from a name brand gas station everytime.Bought some cheap gas one time here shit had to have moisture in it.Ran like shit even after a couple bottles of HEET

I also when i know when the tranny's gonna shift i let off the gas a bit so it dont shift as hard.Also put it in "N" when i'm at stop lights.Yeah i know it's a little over cautious but i've NEVER had any tranny problem on any of the vehicles i've ever drove

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info man ^

Im saying as in stuff for the motor to keep it running good and be reliable.

a couple times a week i drive about 80 miles back and fourth. don't want to be stranded that far away from home

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Keep a eye on the oil.DONT TRUST the dummy light's on the dash.Physically check the fluids it only takes a minute a week.And keep everything topped off.And a quart of each liquid in the trunk just in case.

Also i've had good luck w/ LUCUS oil product's

I use there fuel treatment on every fill up.Comes in a big bottle so it last's awhile.Think it's like 3 oz for each fill up.

I also use there oil stabilizer.1 quart or that per oil change just reeplace it for a quart of your conventional oil when you change it.

Do go cheap on oil or the oil filter.Myself i like quaker state or halvoline had good luck w/ both

So yeah a normal oil change cost's me around 35-40 dollars (cutlass 260 V8) and i do it myself.I dont trust ANYONE changing the oil on my car.Hell no ones even drove my car before i just dont trust the greasy ass kid w/ my investment

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 14 2010, 05:00 PM~16611021
Keep a eye on the oil.DONT TRUST the dummy light's on the dash.Physically check the fluids it only takes a minute a week.And keep everything topped off.And a quart of each liquid in the trunk just in case.

Also i've had good luck w/ LUCUS oil product's

I use there fuel treatment on every fill up.Comes in a big bottle so it last's awhile.Think it's like 3 oz for each fill up.

I also use there oil stabilizer.1 quart or that per oil change just reeplace it for a quart of your conventional oil when you change it.

Do go cheap on oil or the oil filter.Myself i like quaker state or halvoline had good luck w/ both

So yeah a normal oil change cost's me around 35-40 dollars (cutlass 260 V8) and i do it myself.I dont trust ANYONE changing the oil on my car.Hell no ones even drove my car before i just dont trust the greasy ass kid w/ my investment
Sorry DOnt go cheap on oil or the oil filter

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, it seems like my car revs up and down like its bout to die but it still runs. could it be the carburetor?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got new hoses in the back to change out the vac. lines. where would i find the egr? been wanting to replace everything under the hood

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
i got a fresh carb about 8 months old im gonna junk the car and the motor is really good but i can pull it off for 150 u pay shipping

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
i got a fresh carb about 8 months old im gonna junk the car and the motor is really good but i can pull it off for 150 u pay shipping

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Supreme859@Feb 15 2010, 03:19 AM~16615719
Also, it seems like my car revs up and down like its bout to die but it still runs. could it be the carburetor?
after you check lines,spray berrymans b-12 carb spray thru it-shit will take chrome off a bumper :thumbsup: the only carb spray i will use because its the only one that does the job :yes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@BIGJOE. What kind of carb??

@DanP. Thanks man i think i have some of that stuff sitting in my trunk actually. I'ma go spray some in the carb

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
its a stock replacement with the electronic plug on it i paid 300 with life time warrentee from replacement carbs .com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts