LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 94 got fucked up and its been sitting here... i was wondering if i could roll regular springs and shocks instead of the air suspension?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yes you can. My buddy has a 90 Lincoln, and we changed out all four bags for coil springs. He actually bought a kit that came with the coils, and machined aluminum mounts for the coils. You can always fab something up, then grab some coils out of a older T-bird or Mustang or some shit.

John

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are hydros alot of maintenance? i was thinking about bags, i was going to use it as my daily again.... no shit talking please

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by tical killa beez@Sep 18 2005, 11:57 AM~3837065
pmed
ill have it done quick too... i have a couple cars riding around now, plus a couple that im working on....

pm me again so i dont forget (if you really want it done) :)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was thinking more along the lines of bags but if its cheap enough you can PM me your number and we'll talk. how much are spring compressors?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by BigLinc@Sep 18 2005, 10:40 PM~3840948
we just put springs in a 90 town car yesterday in the rear, and didnt have to make any mounts or anything, just take the clip off the bag on the top and put in springs from a grand marquis, u will need a set of spring compressors though
Springs compressor ? Just yank the shocks.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts