LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question but I'm moving and my 63 is laid out in the driveway w/ dead batts and no charger. Is there any other way I can lift it w/ jumper cables or something? Thanks...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you might be able to lift it with jumper cables from a car thats running, it'll be real slow though, only do 1 pump at a time like that

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Why would you let your batts get that dead?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Ask a friend its going to cost you more in the long run, when your batteries go bad.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by OC*SS@Aug 26 2005, 07:06 PM~3699216
How exactly would I do that?
Hard times...no $ for multiple charger  :(
take the jumper cables, clamp the ground side to your rack, and the hot side to your motor stud...

on the other end...

take the hot side and clamp it to the cars battery, and tap the ground side to a ground, the pump should spin..

dont hold it though..

tap tap tap.

it's gonna spark some when you touch the ground

this should get you lifted enough to drive it, a running car produces about 14.2 volts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
damn those batterys are dead.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
take the jumper cables, clamp the ground side to your rack, and the hot side to your motor stud...

on the other end...

take the hot side and clamp it to the cars battery, and tap the ground side to a ground, the pump should spin..

dont hold it though..

tap tap tap.

this should get you lifted enough to drive it, a running car produces about 14.2 volts
Thanks a lot for the tip man...

damn those batterys are dead.
I hope not for good!

·
Registered
8,656 Posts

on the other end...

dont hold it though..

tap tap tap.

this should get you lifted enough to drive it, a runn ing car produces about 14.2 volt i wouldnt recommend this with a neew car thought some new car computers are very sensitive and you could fry it,

·
Registered
563 Posts
dont lift on dead batteries jump it like they have said you run the risk of stickin noids and burnin batteries..

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by CrystalCutlass@Aug 26 2005, 09:57 PM~3700574
Hook up a treadmill to your batteries, and get your ass running...
damn :0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.