LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 model brougham lac and I want to run the york but I cant give up my AC cause I live in Houston & cant give it up. Also if anyone has installed a bag set up in a 90 model lac how did it work how much lift did you get, was the movement good and what setup did you use. All info & opinions are appreciated.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Yeah, I asked this the other day...anybody know about mounting a York and keeping the stock AC? I'd really appreciate any sort of insight! ;)

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
343 Posts
if there is room under the hood for the york else where then u can keep ur a/c

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Well H-Town has a '90 Brougham and I have a '94 Brougham, so RWD and motor position isn't the problem. I'm wondering if anybody actually knows HOW to do it??? Sure, you can slap a compressor where the FACTORY compressor goes, but when the factory compressor is in place, what's the next step? Do I have to make custom brackets to mount it elsewhere?

Like I said in the other post, there was a link to a guy who put 2 Yorks on a 360 in a Jeep. Unfortunately, the link no longer worked. I just wanted to get a sense of how this could be done to make everything fit and work properly.

Anybody? Thanks in advance!
Jeff

·
Registered
343 Posts
you would have to find a place where the engine pulleys line up with the york pulleys, then build brackets off the engine so the york is mounted in that spot

·
Registered
63 Posts
STAY TUNED THIS MONTH FOR A ALL VEHICLE FITMENT YORK COMPRESSOR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts