LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much would you evaluate dat ?

2 ProHopper Competetion Pumps with G Force II Gears
2 6" Competetion Cylinders
2 14" Competetion Cylinders
4 Italian Dumps
All #6 Hoses
4 Accumax Solenoids
w/fittings

I'm planning about doing a hopper with a cutty ?

thx up riderz

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by bazzgeeze@Aug 21 2006, 02:49 PM~6010634

4 Italian Dumps
All #6 Hoses
4 Accumax Solenoids
w/fittings

thx up riderz
:uh: umm yeah, you can go to prohoppers site and add all that shit up yourself... :dunno:

·
Registered
749 Posts
most people reccomend 3 noids per pump, but thats just what I've read here, I dont know about the rest

·
over it
6,640 Posts
If you are building it mainly for hopping go with a single dump for the front and run a #8 to the front and Y it off under the hood with #6 lines. You may consider going with an Adex dump for the front for better responce time. I would run a 3/4" Parker check valve on the front and keep 90 degree bends to a minimum. Thats just a few things to get you started.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by bazzgeeze@Aug 21 2006, 01:49 PM~6010634

4 Italian Dumps
All #6 Hoses
4 Accumax Solenoids
w/fittings

thx up riderz

Thats not enough info, but doesnt seem to be a hopping setup. Not with #6 hoses and 4 noids.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Aug 21 2006, 01:58 PM~6010691
:uh: umm yeah, you can go to prohoppers site and add all that shit up yourself... :dunno:

X2

X3

X4

X5

X6

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 21 2006, 03:06 PM~6011779
Thats not enough info, but doesnt seem to be a hopping setup.  Not with #6 hoses and 4 noids.
I've seen people say #6's alot. I saw a huge improvement switching to #8's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
appreciate the comments
Ill take note

I can get this for 500$ is this a good deal ?

it will be my first hydro kit

for now im bagged to the fullest ...need to start something else
i need juice !!!

as a first hopping kit what would be the best

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Start simple so you can keep problems to a minimum. Just run 1 pump with 1 dump to the front. You could start at 48v and just work your way up in volts as you get better with the switch. If your really looking to get hopping you are going to have to run some pretty high volts with a single or add another pump and more batteries. If you go to big at first the set up will probably frustrate you because its easy to blow shit up when your new on the switch.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Since we're on this....I'm getting a ride going. Like this vato said I wanna start with one pump to the front, but I'm a little lost on the piston pump thing. I've been checking things out alot and I still don't know the differences. If any one can give me a run down on piston pumps. I'm getting close to setting up. Working on the frame right now. Any advice on reinforceing a 70 impala would be cool too. Thanks.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Don't bother with the piston if your just getting started. Its just another part to leak or blow up. Just start with good pumps that have at least 1/2" pressure ports and run good checks like I stated above. Trust me, you will be surprised at how fast 48v or 60v seems when your just hitting the switch for the first time. I would always set new guys up with 36v when they first pick up their car and tell them to come back in a couple days and I would up the volts for them. Its just easy to burn shit up with high volts until you get used to the feel and sounds of everything.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks hommie for the advice. One question, where's the best place to run the check valve, right before the Y? And with the piston I wasn't really making plans to get one, just wonderin what's up with em.
Thanks again.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Most people just put an elbow off the block and run the check off that. I try to avoid that but most times lack of room mandates that you have to. If your going to run a Y block I would put it up front as close to centered in the car as possible. If you put the Y in the trunk you will have to run 2 lines to the front also. If you have the room use straight fittings on the front cylinders as well, if your tight on room you can also use a 45 degree fitting to help keep the flow unrestricted. You also don't want to run the pressure through the dump. Just put a T after your check and use the straigth path to your cylinders and the side of it to your dump. If this is confusing you or you need pics let me know I'll do what I can to find some pics.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm getting most of it. Off the block check, then T, angled end to dump, straight the Y under hood, the equal length hose to cylinders with straight fitting. It all makes sense!!! Do I got it?
One more little thing. I saw this guy on the side of the road today missing a tire, broken lugs, and offered to help. Anyways same car as mine 70 impala runnin 2 to the back piston to the front on 12 batt's. Pretty similar to what I want. But his tires (13's) were really ate up and He said it's only been 2 weeks with not much hopping since his setup is new. said he doesn't roll locked up either. Why could that be, cause I wanted 13's??? And same exact car!
Hommie thanks for all the help.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
I think you've got it. If the front end isn't aligned after you work on it tires are going to wear out really fast. The camber will be set more positive with extended A-arms but you should at least get the toe set and the camber matched if you plan on driving it daily. It might take a bit of work to find a place to even align it for you since the suspension will be modified. Just set it at the height you will drive it at when you take it in.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Cool. I was just trippin cause He didn't have his A arms extended either. Just a tore up inside of his tire. I roll 13's on my 93 Lincoln bagged, and roll up and down with all kinds of fuckked up camber but no serious problems. Daily driver for almost 2 years.
Again thanks. The stuff your saying makes sense. Alot of homies out here tell me shit, and I question alot of it. Some of it's probably legit but I'm findin out most ain't, like to put 1 tons to hop!! I knew that shit sounded funny!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
And by the way I thought about it good advice on startin slow. I just want quality, you know. I'm thinkin a 2 pump kit from prohopper that has an adex dump. But I definatly want 2 to the back later. Maybe I'll get a cheaper 2 pump and buy a better pump and adex later for the frontand run the other 2 to the rear. Shouldn't take much for the rear to do standin 3 with a bridge, right? Later on anyways.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with people posting BS. If you get your A-arms extended no more than an inch it will help with tire wear also, if you go more than an inch it really rides on the outside edge of the tire to much for a daily driver. Try to use the search on this site also to keep smartass replies to a minimum. It does get a bit old answering the same questions and some of the guys that have been doing it for a long time just get fed up it seems.

Starting with the Prohopper LA 2 pump kit with a Adex would be a good start. Plus like you say you can just get another pump later and you'll already have the dumps, you'll just need to replumb it a bit. I have never liked chain bridges and have never installed one. I always go for big set ups that give enough weight to just drop into 3. Reinforcements are a must if your going to be doing 3 at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts