LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you break down the parts of wire wheels so I know what each part is. I know what the spokes, lips, adapters, knock offs, and now I know what the nips are but can you tell me the name or the other parts with pics if you have em? I know this may seem like a dumb question but like my mom said if you dont know ask someone who does.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by Rodrick@Sep 18 2005, 02:37 PM~3838631
Can you break down the parts of wire wheels so I know what each part is. I know what the spokes, lips, adapters, knock offs, and now I know what the nips are but can you tell me the name or the other parts with pics if you have em? I know this may seem like a dumb question but like my mom said if you dont know ask someone who does.
well thats the stupidest saying i have ever herd :cheesy: but yeah no time bro peace

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
no need to be an asshole guys.....

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 19 2005, 10:54 PM~3846706
LoL, go ask someone in a wheel shop and see what kind of reaction you get.  :uh:  :uh:
chances are if they are good business people they'll treat him better than you two idiots, especially if he came in with the attitude that he wants to learn something :uh:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Rodrick@Sep 18 2005, 05:37 PM~3838631
Well the RIM has a (Rim, Hub, Spokes, and Nipples), there is a Knockoff, that attaches to the Adapters, that goes unto your car like a regualar tire, that keeps the Rim on while you drive. Hope that helps

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Sep 20 2005, 07:02 AM~3849088
chances are if they are good business people they'll treat him better than you two idiots, especially if he came in with the attitude that he wants to learn something  :uh:
He answered his own question before he answered it. He said "Can you break down the parts of wire wheels so I know what each part is. I KNOW WHAT THE SPOKES, LIPS, ADAPTERS, KNOCK OFFS, AND now I know what the NIPS are but can you tell me the name or the other parts with pics if you have em? I know this may seem like a dumb question but like my mom said if you dont know ask someone who does"

What other parts is he talking about? TIRES?? But i see that you posting how we're idiots probably helped him learn something about whatever it was he was asking. :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Sep 20 2005, 08:02 AM~3849088
chances are if they are good business people they'll treat him better than you two idiots, especially if he came in with the attitude that he wants to learn something  :uh:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 20 2005, 07:21 PM~3854313
He answered his own question before he answered it.  He said    "Can you break down the parts of wire wheels so I know what each part is. I KNOW WHAT THE SPOKES, LIPS, ADAPTERS, KNOCK OFFS, AND now I know what the NIPS are but can you tell me the name or the other parts with pics if you have em? I know this may seem like a dumb question but like my mom said if you dont know ask someone who does"

What other parts is he talking about? TIRES??    But i see that you posting how we're idiots probably helped him learn something about whatever it was he was asking. :uh:  :uh:
:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked this question because Im a newbie to lowriding and before I order a set of wire wheels I want to know the name of all the parts of the wheels so I know what color to order. Good lookin out "Pitbullx", "83Coupe" and "dirtywhiteboy66" I know those other guys juss trynna make they post count go up. Remember you was a newbie at one time.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
when u get your wheels dont forget to put some grease on the threds of the adaptors. and keep checking to make sure they are on tight

i learned the hard way loosing a wheel at about 35mph and buckling the front fender in on my 64:twak:

everyone was a newbie once

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
all you gotta do is tell them that you want the wheels,knock offs and adapters.. and just tell them what you are planning to put them on and they will send you the adapters u need...good wheel shops and suppliers will automaticaly send everything..but there are some shady ass shops that make pay extra for the mounting hardware

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by stilldownivlife@Sep 26 2005, 05:23 AM~3884766
when u get your wheels dont forget to put some grease on the threds of the adaptors. and keep checking to make sure they are on tight
i learned the hard way loosing a wheel at about 35mph and buckling the front fender in on my 64:twak:

everyone was a newbie once
not just any grease, make sure you use Anti-Seize, found at any local auto parts store cheap

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Sep 27 2005, 10:38 AM~3893487
not just any grease, make sure you use Anti-Seize, found at any local auto parts store cheap
high temp axle/bearing grease works little better

·
Registered
15 Posts
MY RIGHT REAR DE CAME OFF AT ABOUT 40 BLASTED A CAR IN THE INTERSECTION HOW IMBARESSING TIGHTEN THEM SHITZ ON GOOD AND HAVE INSURANCE :scrutinize:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 20 2005, 08:21 PM~3854313
He answered his own question before he answered it.  He said    "Can you break down the parts of wire wheels so I know what each part is. I KNOW WHAT THE SPOKES, LIPS, ADAPTERS, KNOCK OFFS, AND now I know what the NIPS are but can you tell me the name or the other parts with pics if you have em? I know this may seem like a dumb question but like my mom said if you dont know ask someone who does"

What other parts is he talking about? TIRES??    But i see that you posting how we're idiots probably helped him learn something about whatever it was he was asking. :uh:  :uh:
I guess the dipshit in you didnt realize that he didnt mention the "hub"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts