LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck I recently bought had a kenwood cd player, cerwin vega mids in the doors, 1 tweeter in each door, and 4x6 coxials in the back. It is all powered by a memphis amp. The truck also has a 13 inch flipdown. It isnt hooked up. The wires are ran under the dash. I ordered a audiobahn dvd player and it came in today.

How do I hook the tv up and the dvd player up????? How would I get it to play through my amplified speakers????

could someone please make a diagram.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything is hooked up and working except the screen and dvd player. The dvd player is in the box in my room and the screen is already mounted on the headliner with thewires ran under dash.

Please help.

the dvd player is a AVDVD10P from audiobahn

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
ight so we have a starting point now. depending on how long the video rca is for that dvd player ur gonna probably have to buy a longer one rca to reach the screen then get a male 2 male adapter to join them. video is done then. as for sound, pull ur head unit out and look at the back. hopefully you'll have rca aux inputs. just run the rca's from the dvd player to those and u should be set.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you explain better. Im slow! :( Make a diagram please. Explain about the power wires and other wires I may encounter.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got video but when I hooked up the audio rcas in the back of the cd player I got nothing???? Am I missing something????? There is 2 sets of rca jacks in back. 1 set is used by the amp and I plugged the dvd player set in the others. I got nothing. Is there a button I press to turn on those jacks or something???? There is the tuner,usb,cd player and standby.?????

Help please!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
your kenwood would have to have an Aux in for your dvd to play through it.
If it doesn't have one, you can use an FM modulator.
you may just have two sets of RCA outputs on the back of the radio.
look in the owners manual, and see what it has. Kenwood's site should have most of the manuals for download if you don't have one.

DC

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has 1 wire coming from the cd player. It says aux in. How do I plug 2 rcas to it????? Is there an adaptor????? Where can I get it????

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my dvd player for the truck the instructions say.....

Connecting with power.

Connect red cable with vbats+ , black cable to vbat's - or acc's- and yellow cable with acc's +

Note: Must pay attention to powers polarity and connecting cable color to avoid damage to the device or other equipment and input power dc 12v-24v. If connected to power off alternator only, when alternator off, the car dvd player will standby.

Questions: What is acc????? Do I have to hook up the yellow wire???? I am assuming vbats is the truck battery???? Where is acc+ and -?????? I didnt think you would hook it straight to the battery???How would I run it off alternator only? Help please!!!!!It says 12-24 volts???? Will it work about the same with just 12?????

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I figured it out... Is it the accessory wire???? Meaning it will only turn on when key is turned???? Can I splice the yellow dvd wire into the remote wire of the amp?????? Is that too much of a load???? Will it work ok?

·
Registered
989 Posts
the accessory position, as in the wire that gets power only when you turn the key forward 1 click or whatever gets your dash lights on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts