LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh man! my front left corner keeps droppin om its own im so sick of this happening i pulled the checks out of my reds today they look fine.but can they go bad on the stylin pumps or maybe something is blocking the check from seating all the way ,i changed the o ring on the dumps one was shot but i changed em both just cuz. what if the block were cracked would i get a lot of external leakage man im kinda boggeled cuz sometimes itll lock up and stay no hose or cyl leaks i have the front double pumped with reds stylin pumps #6 gears i think not tht it matters so peace out yall :uh:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds like it might be a check valve problem, sometimes it will get stuck open like if it has dirt or maybe gear shavings in it. Has it alwayz done this or did it just start?? I had a problem with one of the dump pins at one time. Try switching out the dumps and see if it happens on the same side. If it still dumping on the same side it's the check, If the opposite side starts falling it's a dump problem.

Last edited by impala67 at Nov 17 2003, 02:37 PM

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok guys i pulled the dump valves [the stems] and swapped em now the other side drops so i know what i need but where can i get the parts and what is the right name for em will only reds dump valves work how much $$$ comn guys what goes bad on em :(

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
there should be a number stamped on the hex bit of the dump stick
["cartridge" is the proper name].............i'm pretty sure reds used "Sterling" valves at that time................although i remeber some had crappy alloy bodied sticks so may have been a special that Sterling did for them.
if they have a slow down built in the stick the Sterling number will be something like GS02-01

847-490-1333 i think...............

·
Registered
138 Posts
$$$ comn guys what goes bad on em  
For one the stem could be warped or bent. It's just like anything else. Over time they wear out and you have to remember that Hydros create alot of pressure. I don't know if I would even bother with replacing the stem. Just get another dump Italian(blow-proof) will give you longer life. ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the thing is that i dont know what will work in these pomps cuz everything on this pump is in the block like slowdowns/checks any ideas

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i pulled the dump stick it has a number gt 020200n tj any idea i cant find a sterling web sight help
:uh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts