LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there were some pics posted a while ago of a mid 80's sedan de ville with hydros and with the rear end down, the bumper was on the floor.

i dunno how to post pics so here is the thread to where the pics were posted, its the fifth pic down.

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...9b648de004a4dbe

can this be done with air bags? what type would they have to be to compress so much and still have a decent amount of lift?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I doubt youll get as much lift as hydraulics since you can get cylinders in all bunch of sizes. If you were to bag it, you can make it lay frame like that but when its fully up it will probably loook like its lowered still. I think the highest Ive seen is an 11 inch lift on airbags. Personally I would juice that ride. Do you have a caddy or were you just curious?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by theoglean@Oct 8 2003, 12:24 AM
you can get mad lift with bags just depends on how far up you mount the bags to the pivot point of your trailing arms
my upper a arms hit the crossmember when the bags go up..
hydros, jet engines, and a st. bernard couldnt get more lift...

so yes, with bags you could do that, you may need to remove the rear bumpstops though..

it's all in the bracket design..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Bumps N Jumps@Oct 7 2003, 07:49 PM
I doubt youll get as much lift as hydraulics since you can get cylinders in all bunch of sizes. If you were to bag it, you can make it lay frame like that but when its fully up it will probably loook like its lowered still. I think the highest Ive seen is an 11 inch lift on airbags. Personally I would juice that ride. Do you have a caddy or were you just curious?
yeah i got a caddy, an 84 coupe de ville. i'm still trying to decide between hydros and air or if i really wanna chop up this caddy, and i think the bumper on the floor fully dropped is a hard look to beat. im still not sure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts