LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by lowriding619@Jul 27 2005, 08:25 PM
i was wondering if its ok to go over the psi rating on these kind of tanks nothing extreme just 200psi to 250 psi ? :

http://www.suicidedoors.com/products/airtank_12gal.htm
thanks in advance-nick
[snapback]3493078[/snapback]​
I certainly hope so! I bought one and plan on running it up to 250psi all the time. I believe that the ratings on these tanks are conservative. Everyone here has the same kind of tanks and they are running them that high and higher. However, if it blows up and kills you, then it is not my fault!!!

- Brad

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
it's all safety

so it doesn't mean if you go 1 pound over the limit it's gonna blow

i have put 400+ psi into the firestone tanks rated at 150

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
the tank wont blow up like a bomb, i really dont think that will happen, it would be more like a loud pop, or like the reation you get when you knock the regulator off a nitrogen bottle. i have mine to 300psi, i know people at 450-500psi

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
youll be fine, like joe said, watch the water/rust. when tanks go, they fuck shit up. where i used to work, they got the idea of hooking up a nitrogen bottle w/o a regulator and 'just cracking the bottle' well this setup also had home depot air tanks. it ruptured the tank, causing enough damage to where the bed needed to be replaced along with the rear of the cab.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Jul 27 2005, 10:40 PM
youll be fine, like joe said, watch the water/rust. when tanks go, they fuck shit up. where i used to work, they got the idea of hooking up a nitrogen bottle w/o a regulator and 'just cracking the bottle' well this setup also had home depot air tanks. it ruptured the tank, causing enough damage to where the bed needed to be replaced along with the rear of the cab.
[snapback]3494381[/snapback]​
and yes they can cause metal to fly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts