LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the damage from the cylinder fuck up the whole a arm? Please help. The car sits crooked. The other side isnt quite as bad. Could this restrict lock up?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know. But the arm hits the frame this side, preventing it from lockiing up.

When dumped, the upper a arm touches the inner fender on the side in the picture.

The other side, you can fit your finger in there.....:(

Ive replaced bushings, tie rods, had pockets reinforced and the mount doesnt look bent, but it MUST be.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Looks like your bottom out bumper is gone off of your a-arm. That would make it go higher and hit the frame. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the problem, the side in the picture is the lower side. It seems restricted when it its the frame.

No crossmember damage. Im stumped.

The other side sits higher and it has the bump stop still in the arm :dunno:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had already thought of that, so I spent $300 having the pockets reinforced with 1/4 plate. It looks even from inside the pocket. I've checked that to.

*** But no, I -didnt remove the teeth in the pockets. ***

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
post a picture from the side... from the inside of the wheel wheel..

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The fact that the top plate of the arm is bent up must mean the sides have been bent down or out also ? I reckon your arms are just a different shape altogether !

Also the shims are there for a reason, the frames were built on a jig, obviously, but mounts for the arms are all over the place (my g-body is a prime example of this) you may need some shims on one side but not on the other, and also you may need a different amount of shims fore and aft to get the arms parallel and level !

Just dropping all the shims out totally like i did messes the front end up massively, trouble is there is not a lot that you can use as a datum point to get it all aligned 100% !

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
My man need to extend his A's at the ears. Or cut out a bit there, come on now, that shit aint' clean... :nono:

Also, that tight cylinder hole looks SQUEEEEKKKY... :biggrin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Badass, I bought it this way. Juice already installed. :uh:

Should I open the cylinder hole another 1/4 inch? What would that help?

Here are more pics.....

The arms hits here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
undo the upper ball joint and check under the a-arm... any cracks?

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
#1 notch those uppers....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had the arms off when I put the bushings in. No cracks or bends. The mount looks fine.

I'm thinking this arm is bent b/c of not being notched. THe notch allows it to lay lower on that side when dumped, and hits the frame when lifted.

Here is a picture of the other "good" side...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by KentuckyGbody@Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM~3733429
I had the arms off when I put the bushings in. No cracks or bends. The mount looks fine.

I'm thinking this arm is bent b/c of not being notched. THe notch allows it to lay lower on that side when dumped, and hits the frame when lifted.

Here is a picture of the other "good" side...

The arm could be bent... but I'm more willing to bet the frame ear is slightly bent when the car was lowered and the cylinders hit the arms causing the frame ear to bend......

1 - 20 of 58 Posts