LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you have a daily set up with accumulators. Is there any to have the lift limeted too a set level? Lets say too me the car is sitting at the perfect ride height at 60psi so I get the car aligned with it at 60psi. Is there a way I can set a switch too stop at exactly 60psi?

·
Mr. Paid
5,601 Posts
Accumulators are set to like 350 psi and it doesn't change with the height of your car. They work the same from barely lifted to almost locked up. Your alignment wont vary much, if you drive pretty much the same height all the time.

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Feb 7 2010, 01:48 PM~16540504
Accumulators are set to like 350 psi and it doesn't change with the height of your car. They work the same from barely lifted to almost locked up. Your alignment wont vary much, if you drive pretty much the same height all the time.
From what I understand the car will ride pretty much like a stock suspension so itd be able too be aligned and I'd be able too keep normal tire wear right?

Did you put in your set up yet fool?

·
Mr. Paid
5,601 Posts
Originally posted by Ese Caqui@Feb 8 2010, 07:23 AM~16547557
From what I understand the car will ride pretty much like a stock suspension so itd be able too be aligned and I'd be able too keep normal tire wear right? 

Did you put in your set up yet fool?
I'm gonna finish it today. I just need to mount my pumps and run my hoses. I have an accumulator on my front pump if you wanna see how it rides.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Originally posted by Ese Caqui@Feb 10 2010, 10:38 AM~16572148
???  Good question.  Thatd be a lot easier than sensors.
Do you have pressure gauges?

If so, just find out the pressure at the ride height you want, and limit that way. Seems like it would work :wow:

·
Mr. Paid
5,601 Posts
Pressure should be the same at all heights. Would have better luck with a sensor that shuts power off to the solenoids when the oil in the tanks reaches a certain level. But way to much work to fix something that isn't much of a problem anyways. :)

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Feb 10 2010, 03:13 PM~16573373
Pressure should be the same at all heights. Would have better luck with a sensor that shuts power off to the solenoids when the oil in the tanks reaches a certain level. But way to much work to fix something that isn't much of a problem anyways. :)
I thought about that too, but you'd need a baffle tank or it would shut on and off on and off with oil moveing around while you drove

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
How about lift limit switches then. micro swich for max lift

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
On forklift equipment .
certain masts have limit switches attached to mast segments.

They are normally closed spring loaded .

They look like a heavy duty micro switch.

what it could do used in a hydraulic suspenton

You can mount one so your upper or lower control arm comes in contact with the switch at any height desired

as the suspention lifts,and the switch is activated it opens the circut that powers the solenoid contactors.

lift stops.

lower the suspention and it will re close the lift contactor ability.

There are many available

I may use them on my project , but probably not

well see . If height becomes an issue

There is always fix for every problem.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
All the experts are dead

·
Registered
695 Posts
would be able to mount a magnet to your upper a arm - and mount a stationary sensor at the ride height you are looking for.

so when the a arm passes by the sensor - when the magnet is closest to it it would be able to send a signal - maby to a led light you have mounted in the car somewhere. maby one front and one rear.
you could pump up the car and slowly dump it till the light came on and you would know your at correct ride height for propper suspension geometry / tire wear.

seems like a bunch of work tho.

I say that - but the insides of my tires are half worn - while the outsides of my tires are full tread.
lol
I guess to be a lowrider requires you to tear up tires. haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts