LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have an 84' Cutlass that I was looking to turn into a fully functional convertible. I have an 82' regal that is an original fully functional convertible(electric top). My regal is 1 of 50 that were ever made. It was done by "Body by Fischer". I took it to a Buick dealer to get a little history about the car and they told me it was a dealer demo that was a prototype that buick was thinking about putting into production....but they never did. Hey I gotta thank Westrides because he actually made me think about the car to go buy it. It's a long story but Westrides knows whats up. Anyway, if anyone knows of any shops or person that can do an A1 professional conversion job on my Cutty please leave a response(name,phone#,and cost). It has to be an electric top.

Thanks,
Detroyt

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
you are in luck since you have a functioning 82. id seriously have someone blueprint the rack for you. there is a place out here that has done cadillac convertibles, one for bowtie connection and another for M&M hydraulics. they are good, but last check they wanted like 20 grand for a cadillac conversion. if you can get the rack, plenty of people who have done jobs such as impala ht to convertible conversions. possible due to a rack existing. get the blue print and rack made (cost?), and the rest shouldnt be so bad.

Last edited by OrangeCounty58 at Aug 10 2003, 07:39 PM

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
if you want pictures, look at LRM with Chico's purple cadi.

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
we have done one. and believe it or not we used the top off of a chysler k car conv. and with a few modifications it worked great. give me a call and like oc58 said since you have a working conv now we can make a system work off of that, but when we do conv conversions at the shop they start at $10 grand plus parts so its not cheap. 313-371-9085 show and go customs detroit, mi

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by SinCity702+Aug 10 2003, 07:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SinCity702 @ Aug 10 2003, 07:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58@Aug 10 2003, 06:39 PM
post some :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
need to develop my 15 rolls of film from over the last 9 years. :biggrin:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58+Aug 10 2003, 09:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeCounty58 @ Aug 10 2003, 09:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2003, 07:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58
@Aug 10 2003, 06:39 PM

post some :cheesy:
need to develop my 15 rolls of film from over the last 9 years. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Actually, you don't have to look through your films, i think there's a picture of the highland park show in here, and his new Caddy is in there, he has a new white caddy he did just like the purple one, he just busted it out this year, homeboy paid about 23g's to had it made convertible. If i had a digital camera i would take pictures of it and post them, the car's sitt'n right in front of us, right here at M&M's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts