LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what basecoat this Regal has? its the color i want for my car. thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
That looks about the same color I painted the bike and it had a gold metalic base.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on, homie. i got a pic of a car with a silver base and i like that one too. cobalt blue is a bad ass color i just want to get the right shade so i dont blow my dough for nothing. im gettin it painted stock white for the time being so i can work inside out. candy paint will go last so i can get teh mural, gold leafing, and striping done at the same time. lot of cash on the exterior :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller@Nov 10 2003, 04:38 PM

Impossible to say really just looking at a pic, but from the difference of the dark candy and the candy in the light I would say it has a silver base. It looks like a pretty big difference and silver is usually the base color that brightens up the most with candys.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cheesy: i want it over a silver base and i liked this and it turns out it IS over a silver base. :biggrin: how u guys like the color??

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
gonna depend on how many coats i have a pic of lincoln town car silver base silver flake and it is darker than this car cobalt is a hard color to tell. if you can go to auto parts supply store they will normally let you check out color book and take outside too see what color looks like in sun.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller@Nov 12 2003, 07:36 PM
:cheesy: i want it over a silver base and i liked this and it turns out it IS over a silver base. :biggrin: how u guys like the color??
Yeah, I thought so. I like cobalt, but I think oriental looks better.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by locomaz+Nov 11 2003, 04:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locomaz @ Nov 11 2003, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SinCityRoller@Nov 10 2003, 04:38 PM

Impossible to say really just looking at a pic, but from the difference of the dark candy and the candy in the light I would say it has a silver base. It looks like a pretty big difference and silver is usually the base color that brightens up the most with candys.[/b][/quote]
if i were to do a candy blue id do a silver base.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by locomaz+Nov 15 2003, 02:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locomaz @ Nov 15 2003, 02:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SinCityRoller@Nov 12 2003, 07:36 PM
:cheesy:  i want it over a silver base and i liked this and it turns out it IS over a silver base.  :biggrin:  how u guys like the color??
Yeah, I thought so. I like cobalt, but I think oriental looks better.[/b][/quote]
i agree but i wanna go cobalt. :cool:

·
Registered
475 Posts
my car is cobalt blue with a silver base.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by IV I's Fo LIFE@Nov 16 2003, 06:19 PM

dayum and u got the same combo rims i plan on gettin :biggrin: but imma roll on 14X7s.. i cant wait to get it painted hope it comes out as clean as yours bro. i also want baby blue pinstripin n goldleafing.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by IV I's Fo LIFE@Nov 16 2003, 05:19 PM

:cool: Sweet.

·
Registered
475 Posts
what part of s.c. are you in? i was born in s.c. and have alot of family there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts