LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,942 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Oct 22 2003, 11:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Oct 22 2003, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KandyRedLac@Oct 21 2003, 04:44 PM
Candy is quite hard to touch up did  it a few times though. Painted and sold acandy red cadillac and a while later his girlfreind keyed the shit out of it and just put a pinstripe on it and painted below the pinstripe and it looked pretty good. Another way i did it was to rebase the panels that needed to be fixed and paint the candy on those spots then pull off the tape and spray some more candy over the rest of the car. But if your going to just repaint like a fender it can be matched but its pretty hard to get a perfect match.

The silver base will more than likely look way better than the maroon base.
i agree w/ kandyred lac-----a "true candy" paint job is difficult to color match in my experience----i have done it as well but if you llok really really close you can see the difference----if i were you i would go w/ the "traditional" style of silver base and flake and not worry too much about key marks etc----if it does happen then that is when you start to pattern out your car or like kandy said use other paint "tricks" to hide the area----- and most of the time if you do it right you will end up w/ a better looking paint job than just straight flaked candy-----good luck bro----peace

"richee"[/b][/quote]
I always trust your advice with painting they ideas you gave me are in the process of being done now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.