LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I spray HOK candy red over the top of black will I get sort of a pearl effect ? Will I save on supplies over just a full candy? I got the idea from the 48 Fleetline on pg 94-96 in the Dec. 2003 Lowrider mag

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
a very very very deep color!! porbably won't even see it at night, depends how many coats of the candy you do

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what Im looking for anyone know ow many coats Id need I want it to show up in daylight

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
what i would suggust if you want to see the color i would use black base with pearl mixed in and candy applied over the top. but gibby is right it will give you a very deep color and it will only show up in sunlight or under street lights at night. i would suggust 4 -6 coats of candy until you get the desired effect and color you are looking for

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Nov 1 2003, 09:11 PM
If I spray HOK candy red over the top of black will I get sort of a pearl effect ? Will I save on supplies over just a full candy? I got the idea from the 48 Fleetline on pg 94-96 in the Dec. 2003 Lowrider mag
you will get something like a "black cherry" color----depending on how much candy you apply----i would use "dark silver" or "smoke" as a base and do the same think over it--it will some out more dark cherry red--but you will see more of the candy red------peace

"richee"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts