LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so im planning to paint my monte HOK uk-11 candy apple red with a bc-06 base, and i want everything on the car the same color,

like the engine, tranny, floors, frame, under the hood, firewall, trunk, amprack, etc....

but how do i do this? cause i was told if i dont spray it all at once the different parts i spray at different times will be different shades when i am done...

so should i paint everything except the outsides of the car first, then put it all back together and shoot the rest of the car?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Payasomm@Aug 3 2003, 08:20 PM
I don't know about painting but its gonna look real good when its done ;)
hey thanks man... id prolly be better off if i quit messing around with my 77 and just bought yours... haha... speaking of which, do you still have that partscar? im still kinda lookin for some floorboards, or even the whole shell... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps+Aug 3 2003, 08:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (77monte4pumps @ Aug 3 2003, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Payasomm@Aug 3 2003, 08:20 PM
hey thanks man... id prolly be better off if i quit messing around with my 77 and just bought yours... haha... speaking of which, do you still have that partscar? im still kinda lookin for some floorboards, or even the whole shell... :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Ill be replacing the carpet pretty soon and I may need the floor boards and I feel like if I sell something from the parts car, Ill need that part the next day. I just see how hard it is to find parts for my ride so Im not selling nothing off of it for now. But good luck bro

·
Registered
949 Posts
If ya doin it youself ,, make sure to write or remember your gun settings, the number of coats, and the distance of overlaps ..
finish all your parts put the car back together and spray the outside in one hit ..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
how we are doing it is we are keeping track of the number of coats and what air pressure it is shot at
it should come out right and try to stay with the same painter because if you use some one else they might not do it just like befor and might mess it up

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Payasomm+Aug 3 2003, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Payasomm @ Aug 3 2003, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 08:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Payasomm
@Aug 3 2003, 08:20 PM

hey thanks man... id prolly be better off if i quit messing around with my 77 and just bought yours... haha... speaking of which, do you still have that partscar? im still kinda lookin for some floorboards, or even the whole shell... :biggrin:
Ill be replacing the carpet pretty soon and I may need the floor boards and I feel like if I sell something from the parts car, Ill need that part the next day. I just see how hard it is to find parts for my ride so Im not selling nothing off of it for now. But good luck bro[/b][/quote]
hey man thats cool i understand what your sayin.. parts for these rides are harder to find than a blonde virgin at spring break...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by sabre@Aug 3 2003, 10:06 PM
If ya doin it youself ,, make sure to write or remember your gun settings, the number of coats, and the distance of overlaps ..
finish all your parts put the car back together and spray the outside in one hit ..
aight that sounds good.. except i planned to have a pro shoot the outside, and id just shoot the parts that not many people would see... but i guess i had better either shoot the whole car myself.. :uh: :dunno: :confused: or come up with the cash to pay the pro to shoot everything... :ugh:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got another question..

is it cool to paint over my existing paint??

i would block sand it with wet 600 grit and use a polyester putty to fill in any minor dents, then spray it with an epoxy primer and then a sealer...

the paintjob thats on my monte now is barely a year old and its pretty straight... so id hate to strip it all off.. but if i had to i would..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i have seen it done with both but i like the gravity fed but that is because i am learning to paint and regular ones get in my way :biggrin:
just trying to help man i am not the best on the whole paint thing but i know some little stuff :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 10 2003, 04:20 PM
you can use whatever gun you want...........it's all personal preferance...............

good luck and post some progress pics. :biggrin:
okay thanks, as of now im just working on getting the car ready to paint.. borring basic bodywork stuff... ill try and get some pics once i start to shoot stuff :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts