LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant make up my mind on weather or not to candy paint my ride... i was wondering if some of you guys could give me some input on weather or not it is worth it...

i see more and more clean rides these days without candy paint (ex. many South Side club cars), it just makes me think i dont need it... but im afraid that if i dont do it ill wish i had it later...

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Same thing here homie. I wanted a candy, but since I'm poor, I think I could get away with a nice clean baby blue with a Ice White pearl..... hmmmm. ;)

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
food for thought----------some of the paint jobs that are sported by "southside" cars cost them more than a "candy" it all comes down to quality, who did it and how well the car was prepped---------peace

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Nov 11 2003, 05:04 PM
food for thought----------some of the paint jobs that are sported by "southside" cars cost them more than a "candy" it all comes down to quality, who did it and how well the car was prepped---------peace
i totally agree with this. the only thing is if you want the candy look you will not find it unless you use candy, but if you dont care about the candy look sometimes a straight paintjob looks better than a candy as long as it looks like a sheet of glass

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Nov 11 2003, 04:04 PM
thats a very good point and i completely agree... and i wasnt saying that their paintjobs arent expensive or that alot of hard work went into them.. i was just saying how im really diggin the simplicity and cleanlyness the paints chosen for those rides gave the overall look of the car...

i mean it kinda seems like alot of the cars that are riding with candy are just getting candy so they can say "i got candy"

i know some other people have to be noticing this...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think im gonna do baby blue... no candy... no flakes... just glassy smooth paint....

Last edited by 77monte4pumps at Nov 16 2003, 08:32 PM

·
Registered
261 Posts
a painter i worked with, used to get sooo much depth of shine, in his work ( base & clear ) that when u were close to the panel your eyes could not focus on the surface...
( it apeared to be much deaper than it really was )

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Nov 13 2003, 04:35 AM
a painter i worked with, used to get sooo much depth of shine, in his work ( base & clear ) that when u were close to the panel your eyes could not focus on the surface...
( it apeared to be much deaper than it really was )
pics.????!!!!!!! :biggrin:

by the way you can get deeper clear....but WHY pay for more clear when you can get candy for the same price????.......

Last edited by SWITCHCRAFT at Nov 17 2003, 03:18 AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts