LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to paint my 82 deville and I wanted to go with a very dark candy brandywine paint job. I saw the bomb on page 94 of the dec. issue of lowrider and really liked the paint job. I noticed that it said it was over a black base. Can you do this with a brandywine or will it be tooo dark?? Is this an easier base to put candy over versus a silver or gold base??? Does anyone here have experience spraying over a black base or do you use a charcoal base?
Any answers will help. Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
YOu can do it -- it will be dark.... less paint then painting over silver or gold ....

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
if i were you and wanted a dark----almost "black cherry" paint job i would use a dark silver base----almost like a smoke base but not black---the reason is just like street sweepaz said if you use black it will be very very dark-----the point being is that you can always make a candy darker by adding more coats----but you can not make it lighter---so if you use the black as a base but it comes out darker than what you want you have to start over-----if you use a dark silver base and gradually spray the "brandywine" you can get it to the darkness that you want it to be--and if it needs to go darker you can just add more coats of candy-----good luck--peace

"richee"

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I couldnt have explained it with less words..... You caould look at the different shades of paint at your paint store -- House of Kolor has a color chart with the kandy over many different color bases ....... Check it out .........

Hey Lowriderlife, I cracked up at that pic you posted in my section -- that car with the "Dripping" paint.............. That is old school.....

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 18 2003, 09:59 AM
** I couldnt have explained it with less words..... You caould look at the different shades of paint at your paint store -- House of Kolor has a color chart with the kandy over many different color bases ....... Check it out .........

Hey Lowriderlife, I cracked up at that pic you posted in my section -- that car with the "Dripping" paint.............. That is old school.....
ya that was old bro------i actually pulled out of post your rides section under the 80's hahahaha-----all in good fun bro------ :biggrin:

"richee"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys, very helpfull. I'll check into the dark silver bases. I'm almost done with all the bodywork and will be ready to paint soon. i'll post some pics in a month or so when i get done with it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
that car sounds nice...
man, i use house of kolor paints so i am familiar with their products. and what looks really nice would be to paint the brandywine over a black pearl base (there is a few diferent ones to choose from) or just add a pearl to a straight black base. because you need a pearl or metallic to grab the light under your kandy. hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts