LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My caddy's tangelo orange flake, and tangerine candy...now I wanted to get my boy to do some airbrushin. I haven't candied the car yet so if he airburshed and I candied over it what would happen. So you know how people do art but it's more like ghost art is that how it would turn out if he just used some light oranges and shit...I ain't a painter or nothin but just wanted to know? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
if your boy is airbrushing over your base, then you candy orange over the murals, the murals will get a orange tint, that is a way alot of people do ghost murals.
just imagine putting on orange sunshades, thats how the murals will look with the candy coat over it. most people airbrush in just balck and white then candy over it (like the toilet bowl cover i did).i hope that helps you.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by DrasticNYC@Jan 6 2004, 02:54 PM
if your boy is airbrushing over your base, then you candy orange over the murals, the murals will get a orange tint, that is a way alot of people do ghost murals.
just imagine putting on orange sunshades, thats how the murals will look with the candy coat over it. most people airbrush in just balck and white then candy over it (like the toilet bowl cover i did).i hope that helps you.
nice piece........

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by DrasticNYC@Jan 6 2004, 04:54 PM
Ya DNYC is right.
Oh and that toilet seat is tight!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man can I order one of those seats.......anyhow the cars already flaked but I haven't candied yet...so you think I'll get the same effect by just airbrushin over the flake? It's already been knocked down...what if I shot a few coats a candy over the flake, he airbrushes, then candy again then clear..think that'll work?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I bought a toilet seat about a year ago & never got around to painting it ..
What base color you use on that & did you highlight the cheek bone & hands with the white .. or is the whole seat white to start out with & you just added black with the airbrush????

** A good question with well placed wording... I paint as well but , others would get some needed info about how you did it .. Looks good - You do alot of "realism" airbrushing??? BOB_T

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Originally posted by Duppy@Jan 7 2004, 05:37 AM
Man can I order one of those seats.......anyhow the cars already flaked but I haven't candied yet...so you think I'll get the same effect by just airbrushin over the flake? It's already been knocked down...what if I shot a few coats a candy over the flake, he airbrushes, then candy again then clear..think that'll work?
this will work the flake will. most color under orange turn darker orange i saw a truck as shop here did silver base flake purple, blue and another color all looked a dark orange some are less dark.toilet seat is sweet

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
-------STREET SWEEPAZ
the toilet bowl seat is based in silver,
then i airbrushed the black and white
then candied, then cleared.

and yeah, i do quite a bit of realistic airbrushing.

Last edited by DrasticNYC at Jan 7 2004, 10:55 PM

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
-------Duppy

here's a job i did(69 caddy, one of my favorite jobs), where i shot a most of the coats of candyy first, then airbrushed, candied again (lightly) and cleared.

Last edited by DrasticNYC at Jan 7 2004, 10:53 PM

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by DrasticNYC@Jan 7 2004, 03:50 PM
-------Duppy

here's a job i did(69 caddy, one of my favorite jobs), where i shot a most of the coats of candyy first, then airbrushed, candied again (lightly) and cleared.

That looks tight :thumbsup: Thanks for all the info bro!

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
that cadillac is fucking bangin!!!!!!!!! you did the paint job? Looks sweet bro. ;)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
is there a way to get that ghost mural look with a basic base/clear paint job???????...i don't want kandy....im going with dodge viper gts blue

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
-------HydroStangGT
you can also use your basecoat paint, mix a lighter version (probably using a white tint) and darker version (using a black tint) and airbrush with those colors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts