LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Can't Get K/O's off

963 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  sneakyboy1 
#1 ·
I cant get my knockoff's off from my 20" player wire wheels. I tried and tired with the keyorwrench and hammer. They wont come off. Any ideas?

#4 ·
Originally posted by low83cutty@Nov 3 2003, 10:58 PM
if u didnt grese them then ur fucked.. u might have to cut them off
Yup, if you didn't grease them, you are pretty much fucked!
If that is the case, you could try heating the K/Os with a torch and then try to get them loose, but your pretty much trash the k/o.
Let us know what happens!

#5 ·
Weld a breaker bar to your wrench for a little added leverage and beat the shit out of it. It's possible, but it's not easy... especially if you don't anti-seize the threads.

#7 ·
Originally posted by guero_esb@Nov 4 2003, 12:32 PM
I was hitting it to the front of the car, on the drivers side. thanks for the help.
Wait a second, if you're trying to remove them, you're right. Tighten to the rear, loosen to the front.

#8 ·
I welded a metal plate to the back of my wrench and welded a socket to the back of the plate, that why i can use a socket wrench for more leverage. havent tried it yet but will in a little back. ill get back to yall if it works or not. Does heat the k/o up with a torch fuck up the rim or just the k/o? thanks

#9 ·
Don't heat em just yet... I never used to grease the threads, and never really had much problems.

Try liquid wrench or WD-40 where the k/o meets the hub... and keep hittin.

If you have a wrench, there really is no need to use a lead hammer, try maul (mini-sledge).

#10 ·
A friend of mine had the same problem with his 20" Players just last week. The shop that put brakes on his car had not but any grease on the k/o's and tightened the shit out of them. We got them off by heating the k/o and using a breaker bar. They were still hard as hell to get off but they came off. The k/o was trashed though. Good luck.

#11 ·
Originally posted by guero_esb@Nov 4 2003, 01:13 PM
I welded a metal plate to the back of my wrench and welded a socket to the back of the plate, that why i can use a socket wrench for more leverage. havent tried it yet but will in a little back. ill get back to yall if it works or not. Does heat the k/o up with a torch fuck up the rim or just the k/o? thanks
If you heat em, just heat the K/O, that's all it'll fuck up.

#12 ·
i am haveing the same problem my brake line exploded on me when i was driveing so i was trying to get the rim off and it will not budge and i welded a metal tube to the key and tried using a 2 inch rod about three feet long to get it off but it will not work but i'll try using some wd 40

#14 ·
Originally posted by guero_esb@Nov 5 2003, 01:06 PM
The tool I made got the K/O off with messing up anything. It was
still tough to get off but they came off and nothing is messed up.
good to hear! :biggrin:

#15 ·
Originally posted by guero_esb@Nov 5 2003, 01:06 PM
The tool I made got the K/O off with messing up anything. It was
still tough to get off but they came off and nothing is messed up.
good to hear! :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.