LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a conti kit on my bike and sometimes i can ride it a few miles and it doesn't fall off and sometimes it'll fall off after a few minutes of riding. All i have holing it on is a big washer and nut. With the tiredfilled with air it's hard to get the stud on the spare low enough to get the nut nice and tight.

What should i try? (besides taking almost all the air out the tire)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah actually i have a locking washer the same size as the nut and a big washer also. It was falling off with the locking washer and nut so i added the big washer and it works a little better but not much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by just lowriding@Sep 8 2005, 03:14 AM~3774626
take some air out the tire (it's not like you're gonna use it)
I could though if i got a flat on the front since i got a wrench under the seat. :biggrin:

Socios, bend back the tabs where?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 8 2005, 02:52 PM~3777557
I could though if i got a flat on the front since i got a wrench under the seat.  :biggrin:

Socios, bend back the tabs where?
well mine's got next to no air in it and it's nice and tight. i can bounce the back end up and down and still wont come off. i can lift mine up by the wheel.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aight, the hooks at the bottom of the conti kit, couldn't picture what you were saying before.. I'll try bending those down a little and using a new locking washer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 8 2005, 05:10 PM~3778467
Aight, the hooks at the bottom of the conti kit, couldn't picture what you were saying before..  I'll try bending those down a little and using a new locking washer.
oh yeah, mine has the locking washer thing like on the forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
i've seen many people use zip ties. What we do up here is use the washers for the bmx front forks with the little hook(tab) on it that goes into the hole in the dropout on the front forks. Works real good and is clean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by lil deville@Sep 8 2005, 06:16 PM~3778495
i've seen many people use zip ties. What we do up here is use the washers for the bmx front forks with the little hook(tab) on it that goes into the hole in the dropout on the front forks. Works real good and is clean.
ahhh i might have to try that but what about the side bolts on the conti from going down and hitting my fender mine are really weak and i have to tighten them so often but it would still fall
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by lil deville@Sep 8 2005, 05:16 PM~3778495
i've seen many people use zip ties. What we do up here is use the washers for the bmx front forks with the little hook(tab) on it that goes into the hole in the dropout on the front forks. Works real good and is clean.
that's what mine has, you can probably see one of them in the pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by sergio187@Sep 8 2005, 07:19 PM~3778507
ahhh i might have to try that but what about the side bolts on the conti from going down and hitting my fender mine are really weak and i have to tighten them so often but it would still fall
I would use the lock washers that look like this to solve that problem. Also try useing a double nut or lock nut on it to prevent it from coming loose.

 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top