LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off homies I'll be the first to admit that I fucked up by buying some bullshit ass Milestars. I cant take them back so I have to try something.

Anyways, the other day I bought some milestars for 220. Thought it was a good deal until I got those bitches home and cleaned all that blue shit off. The problem that I'm having is the whitwall will not turn completely white no matter what you do to it. There are some stains on the the whitwall that do not come off at all. Has any one had this problem and does anyone know how to get those bitches clean?

BTW some o.g 5:20's will be on order soon.

Milestars= garbage!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yea homie i had the same problem i fucked up also and got milestars i ended up cleaning with westleys bleach white about 4 times and then sos pad and they got a little better but still got some brown stains on them i might just buy some whitwall paint and paint them till next year and buy a set of real tires if i can find some 4 good price.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea homie i had the same problem i fucked up also and got milestars i ended up cleaning with westleys bleach white about 4 times and then sos pad and they got a little better but still got some brown stains on them i might just buy some whitwall paint and paint them till next year and buy a set of real tires if i can find some 4 good price.
Yeah homie Milestars got us. Thats cool never again will they get a penny off my ass. I'd rather slap my stocks back on and put away the D's. Its funny though the other day I got tired of using all that crazy shit to clean the whitewall so I said fuck it and took a grinder to those bitches. They turned white alright but a week later all that brown shit came right back. Thanks for the replies homies. Fuck Milestars......should have known they were on some bullshit!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The way I clean mines is with a degreaser they sell at sams club. That shot works real good even on old ass 520s with dark brown wws. Give it a try and you'll fall in love with it.
I'm a try that out F Tales. Hey man I know u got them og 5:20's on deck all day long. Show me some love and sell me some 13's 5/8th WW. Let me get that homie hook-up price(lol).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah homie Milestars got us. Thats cool never again will they get a penny off my ass. I'd rather slap my stocks back on and put away the D's. Its funny though the other day I got tired of using all that crazy shit to clean the whitewall so I said fuck it and took a grinder to those bitches. They turned white alright but a week later all that brown shit came right back. Thanks for the replies homies. Fuck Milestars......should have known they were on some bullshit!!!!
Hey homie I've never heard of painting the WW. Where do they sell the paint? LMK its worth a try.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i bought some online before it worked good just google Ranger whitewall paint i painted my 20 inch tires i had on some american thorq trust wheels the ones that look like supreams i had them on a 2005 monte carlo damn they looked good i will look for pics and post some up

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Have the same problem with mine. Mine are stock 15" with a 1.3 inch whitewalls that always turn brown/yellowish tone to it. I used bleche white, SOS pads, grinder, wet sandpaper, a grinding stone and a lot of elbow grease to no avail. I'm gonna try that paint, seen some on eBay.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool....looks like I'm painting these hoes for now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Fuck Milestars!

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Cool....looks like I'm painting these hoes for now.Thanks for all the replies.Fuck Milestars!
Let me know how it turns out, oh n mine aren't milestars mine are dimension IV.

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
The reason the whitewalls get all brown is from the tire oils coming to the surface, not just because they are milestars... milestars aren't liked because of how they look not how they preform...

Anytime you get (buffed) whites expect to have to clean then alot. I would suggest using an sos pad and the ******'s Bleache White also. Thats all i've ever used. Be sure to let the bleache white sit in without overdrying. you might be washing it off too soon for it to work??

use the bleache white let it get green and scrubb the whitewalls with a brush or sos pad (one that isn't to fine or excessively course), spray then down with bleache white again and then rinse them off... Its gonna take a few washes at least to get off all of the brown. and you will more than likely have to keep up on them alot more.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Sos pads have gotten me through for a while but funny as this sounds I got tired of buying and siad fuck it. I keep a nail file, a jug of clean water, a jug of soapy water, and 2 towels in my trunk now so everytime I hit the gas station I can klean em. Armorall protects em for a while but will turn em brown if you don't clean that crap off and reapply. mine scrub my skirt on one side if I corner too hard so I don't think I'll ever stop scrubbing whitewalls at least once every 2 or 3 days..

·
Wheel King Inc.
6,592 Posts
Yep.. Fuck Milestars they straight garbage:boink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
yUP TO BAD ALOT OF US HAVE TO BUY MILESTARS NOW A DAYS BCUZ THERE IS'NT ANYTHING ELSE AROUND WHERE WE LIVE BUT I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH WHITEWALLS I HAVE ALWAYS RODE ON COOPER TRENDSETTERS OR OTHER BRANDS FROM SEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS WHITEWALL PROBLEM TILL MILESTARS. :guns:MILESTARS

1 - 20 of 37 Posts