LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bolt that is really hard to get off. it's right under the trans bellhousing..
it's also really hard to get to, no space for a spanner or rachet. and I think ive killed the bolt a fair bit...
Is there any way of cutting it off... or doing anything crazy?
I need the bolt off!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i worked out the cross member.. I undid two big bolts, had a jack under it and slowly brought it down. noticed the whole trans, or is it just the whole drivetrain was coming down aswell...
its has lowered the bellhousing, but now im thinking of pulling the engine out with the trans.
What is the best suggestion, what would need to be done?
hope that all makes sence.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i think the whole drivetrain is connected...
and i can't take the whole thing out, it's really long.
Do i have to take some bolts off that connect the convertor to the fly wheel? ahhhh, im not sure

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
you can disconnect the tranny from the driveshaft. Then you can pull both of them out. You should put the bellhousing bolts back on though if you do that...

That was my least favorite part of the engine swap. There is no room to get at those bolts. You might want to try a swivle ratchet or even a box wrench that moves...one of these..

it will come out..this thing will teach you alot of patience... :)

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
I'm guessing it's the same one EVERYBODY has problems with... Use a swivel (you can put a rubberband around it if it's loose) and a lot of extensions... Fly B_A_RIDER down... He's almost magical at getting those sonsofbitches out :roflmao:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by undr8ed@Sep 13 2005, 12:29 PM~3804271
I'm guessing it's the same one EVERYBODY has problems with...  Use a swivel (you can put a rubberband around it if it's loose) and a lot of extensions...  Fly B_A_RIDER down...  He's almost magical at getting those sonsofbitches out  :roflmao:
you sissy. those bolts are easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts