LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i swaped out the cutlass spindels and put the caprices ones in the with the caprice a arms and calipers, etc. I noticed since then that my brake pedel goes to the floor. i put new calipers on the front and pads, replaced all rear brake parts and put on a caprice master cylinder and it still feels like it goes down to far. is this normal? if not, what could possible be wrong?

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Hoppin Poop@Jul 31 2005, 12:45 PM
last year i swaped out the cutlass spindels and put the caprices ones in the with the caprice a arms and calipers, etc.    I noticed since then that my brake pedel goes to the floor.  i put new calipers on the front and pads, replaced all rear brake parts and put on a caprice master cylinder and it still feels like it goes down to far.  is this normal?  if not, what could possible be wrong?
[snapback]3515239[/snapback]​
i had the same problem i guess it was due to the caprice having bigger brakes and the cuttlas master cyl not having enough pressure to make them work to there fullest that and the bigger piston in the caliper +more fluid =more pedal etc etc etc

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Hoppin Poop@Jul 31 2005, 11:17 PM
i already put on the caprice master cylinder.
[snapback]3518514[/snapback]​
did you check to make sure the rod out of the cutty booster is the same length as the one from the caprice you didnt tell us you had changed the master too

·
7,431 Posts
did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it ??? You need to that as well as bleed the brake lines.

something i dunno,whats the reason too put caprice uppers and spindles onto a cutty?
And you put those spindles/uppers from a caddy/caprice on a gbody because the uppers are already longer than stock so you don't need to extend them. And the spindles raise the car an inch or so.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Do you have to change the calipers? Or will the Gbodys fit on the Caprice spindle?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts