LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A LOT of caprice owners spend good money on gettin a front euro clip or on the front headlight piece. i want to put euro front look now that the euro back clip is in place. Instead of gettin a clip cant i just take the whole head and corner [theyre together as one piece] lights from a newer euro caprice and put it in the older 80s caprice :dunno: i have a feeling it will work but just wanted to know if anyones tried it. i havent looked at how the euro headlight assembly is bolted on. anyone have close up pics, please? thanks for all replies. :cool:

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
wusup SinCity... i dont exactly know if it would work becuz on the older style the grill piece is differant, so the headlight pieces arent exactly the same...i have to go look and measure to see if it would work.But it would be easier to just swap the front end.. a little bit of cutting and rewiring is nessasary, but it would be eaiser.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Silver@Nov 7 2003, 09:16 PM
wusup SinCity... i dont exactly know if it would work becuz on the older style the grill piece is differant, so the headlight pieces arent exactly the same...i have to go look and measure to see if it would work.But it would be easier to just swap the front end.. a little bit of cutting and rewiring is nessasary, but it would be eaiser.
thanks dawg! i want to know cuz i want to do it MYSELF! :biggrin: i want to do as much work on it as i can. and maybe less shit will be said about a 17 year old club president that way :dunno:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TiggerLS@Nov 8 2003, 01:24 AM
i know it will work on an 86 (87 and up already euro) but not sure other years
yeah. i got an 88 rear euro clip and it fit perfectly. the thing is. i im going to CUT and re wire to put some newer head lights in and have the 80s corner lights stock. might as well bolt tha whole thing off since its one piece and put in a whole newer caprice headlight/corner light piece u know wut i mean? if i cant ill just get the piece that hold the front bumper, lights and grille. is there a specific name for that piece bro? thanks :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller@Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM
yeah. i got an 88 rear euro clip and it fit perfectly. the thing is. i im going to CUT and re wire to put some newer head lights in and have the 80s corner lights stock. might as well bolt tha whole thing off since its one piece and put in a whole newer caprice headlight/corner light piece u know wut i mean? if i cant ill just get the piece that hold the front bumper, lights and grille. is there a specific name for that piece bro? thanks  :cool:
"the header panel"is what holds the lights and grille

u also gonna need the fillers for this heh
the bumper is held seperately

but i think u can get the headlights on there by buying this metal piece that goes around them (forget what they are called)

{PassengerSide}

{DriversSide}

and a Head Light Assembly

Last edited by TiggerLS at Nov 8 2003, 11:08 PM

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TiggerLS+Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TiggerLS @ Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SinCityRoller@Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM
yeah. i got an 88 rear euro clip and it fit perfectly. the thing is. i im going to CUT and re wire to put some newer head lights in and have the 80s corner lights stock. might as well bolt tha whole thing off since its one piece and put in a whole newer caprice headlight/corner light piece u know wut i mean? if i cant ill just get the piece that hold the front bumper, lights and grille. is there a specific name for that piece bro? thanks  :cool:
"the header panel"is what holds the lights and grille

u also gonna need the fillers for this heh
the bumper is held seperately

but i think u can get the headlights on there by buying this metal piece that goes around them (forget what they are called)

{PassengerSide}

{DriversSide}

and a Head Light Assembly
[/b][/quote]
thanks dawg! fuck it seems like too much money ill see wut the junkyards got and work with that. gotta move out and start savin for the baby so imma just get it stock white paint instead of candy. a decent car for a while instead of a primered bucket.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by TiggerLS@Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM

{PassengerSide}

{DriversSide}

these are what i was referring to originally. if i can get these with the headlights.... will it fit?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
those are just called headlight trim...........i have an 87 caprice and if you need a pic..........and some measurement i can go outside and take some..............

if you want a cheap alternative to the headlights...........if you can't find them in a junkyard.............

sometimes ebay has 1 for like $40 new.............

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller+Nov 10 2003, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SinCityRoller @ Nov 10 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TiggerLS@Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM

{PassengerSide}

{DriversSide}

these are what i was referring to originally. if i can get these with the headlights.... will it fit?[/b][/quote]
oh yea u prolly can put them in but not sure on 85 and under cars
i know 86 and up works fine

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies. i got pinned with a big ER bill over the weekend so the batt and new headlights have to be delayed even more :( . ill post up pics as soon as i get that shit done.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
my homeboy put some in his 79 caprice so it can be done. i believe there is a little cuttin involve but it can be done. it looks good to

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Originally posted by 76SEVILLEMAN@Nov 18 2003, 02:40 PM
my homeboy put some in his 79 caprice so it can be done. i believe there is a little cuttin involve but it can be done. it looks good to
That two-tone blue? if it is that mofo is sick as fucc with the euro headlights that looks real good :cool:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 76SEVILLEMAN@Nov 18 2003, 03:40 PM
right on, bro.. thanks :cool:

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Originally posted by TiggerLS+Nov 12 2003, 02:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TiggerLS @ Nov 12 2003, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2003, 07:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--TiggerLS
@Nov 8 2003, 09:07 PM

{PassengerSide}

{DriversSide}

these are what i was referring to originally. if i can get these with the headlights.... will it fit?
oh yea u prolly can put them in but not sure on 85 and under cars
i know 86 and up works fine[/b][/quote]
dawg, those are actually called headlight bezels....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts