LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey - need info on the follwoing:

what year models / engine type caprices had a discbrake rearend?

anybody able to give me some detail about that? Wanna do a rear

end swap


Thanks
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
1994-96 police package ONLY (option code 9C1 on the SPID sticker in the trunk). No civilian Caprices got discs. Impala SS (SPID option WX3) all got them.

HTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much!

so all earlier models like the box caprices outta the 80s n stuff also
just had drumms, correct?

thanks man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get back to you...

Yes, all the earlier ones were drum rear only. Two different sizes of drums, regular and heavy duty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
y switch to disks?
easier to maintain?
or better somehow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by PIMPIN_POPE@Aug 28 2006, 05:10 AM~6057509
y switch to disks?
easier to maintain?
or better somehow?
more clamping force than drums... some people dont like messing with the springs on drum brakes..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,834 Posts
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Aug 18 2006, 02:57 PM~5996063
1994-96 police package ONLY (option code 9C1 on the SPID sticker in the trunk).  No civilian Caprices got discs.  Impala SS (SPID option WX3) all got them.

HTH
:uh: Mr. Know It All


:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Im just mad cuz I gotta B4U, and although it has LT1 and G80, I wish I had rear disc (dont know code, lol)

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
The B4U cars are great! The best option to have on a Caprice - all the heavy duty stuff, and the best suspension. If I were to buy a Caprice, I would hold out for a B4U...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Aug 28 2006, 07:16 PM~6061189
The B4U cars are great!  The best option to have on a Caprice - all the heavy duty stuff, and the best suspension.  If I were to buy a Caprice, I would hold out for a B4U...
how do u find out if a car has these options?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Pop the trunk, look at the SPID sticker on the right side of the bottom of the trunk. Write down all the codes, then check them out HERE

When you look at lots of cars you will remember the obvious ones... LT1, L99, G80, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
i got 2 rearends on ebay for 80 discs and all lucky for me it was a few miles away :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Originally posted by mike cadillac@Aug 27 2006, 07:14 AM~6052059
so can 14's can fit on the rear disc set up with no problem... planning on putting a rear disc set up on my 94 fleetwood
thats what I am waiting to hear for my 95 :angry: can we or no
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
I believe rear disc was an option for 94-96 9C1... as well as for the LT1 and posi...

WX3 all had it... but the WX3 diff is slightly larger than one of a 9C1... few mm only...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by SIN187@Aug 29 2006, 01:33 AM~6063403
thats what I am waiting to hear for my 95 :angry: can we or no
ummm, why don't you call one of your homeboys with spokes and try his spokes on instead of waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Originally posted by Huggies@Aug 29 2006, 03:17 AM~6064185
I believe rear disc was an option for 94-96 9C1... as well as for the LT1 and posi...

WX3 all had it... but the WX3 diff is slightly larger than one of a 9C1... few mm only...
No... the disc rear is part of the 9C1 package. You are correct about the engine and rear end. LT1 and G80 were both options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Aug 29 2006, 06:07 AM~6064574
ummm, why don't you call one of your homeboys with spokes and try his spokes on instead of waiting
I have 95 fleetwood and a disc rear end waiting if i want it. I heard that the length ect might be different from a drum to disc just needed some info from you experts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by SIN187@Aug 29 2006, 01:55 PM~6066054
I have 95 fleetwood and a disc rear end waiting if i want it.  I heard that the length ect might be different from a drum to disc just needed some info from you experts
sooo..... measure the rear end, then measure your drum rear end
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top