LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 knw how much longer are caprice spindles then any stock g-body spindles? some one told me that they were just like 2inches taller, is that true

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING THE CAPRICE SPINDLES?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
also gives a more bulldog look

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I got mine off of an 84 caprice you need the ones with 11 inch rotors to run 13s. Y ou have to get the whole assembly rotors ,spindles, calipers and brake line. You will wear out tires way quick and you wont lay low when dumped. I got rid of mine and went back to stock since my cutty is more show.

·
Hard 2 Please
3,550 Posts
Yea cuz I was actually thinkin of getting some caprice spindles and shit but not of imma be eating up tires and shit. Its hard enough trying to find a place who will mount tires on some spokes. But aren't the tires str8 up and down when locked up with caprice spindles?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by wannabelowrider@Feb 11 2010, 01:16 PM~16583373
Yea cuz I was actually thinkin of getting some caprice spindles and shit but not of imma be eating up tires and shit.  Its hard enough trying to find a place who will mount tires on some spokes.  But aren't the tires str8 up and down when locked up with caprice spindles?
STOCK g-body a-arms with caprice spindles will have your tires pretty straight when locked up. If you want a little more, you can extend them .25-0.5" but trying stock a-arms first, you have nothing to lose.

·
Hard 2 Please
3,550 Posts
Originally posted by OVERTIME@Feb 11 2010, 12:26 PM~16583450
No thats locked up all the way they bulldog even more dumped down
So u running stock g-body arms with just the caprice spindles and the tires still hang out that much? Any pics of it dumped?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Originally posted by TeXaS_ReGaL_85@Feb 11 2010, 02:47 PM~16583632
nice bro! what size cylinders do you have on the front?  :thumbsup:
u dont want to run anything bigger than 8's cause the suspension will
only travel so far before it locks out

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Im running 8 inch cylinders up front 1 1/2 extended g body a arms split belly on the frame wich kicks them out even more.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

this is mine with stock g-body spindels

1 - 20 of 163 Posts