LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an almost brand new car cover that's got a 5" tear in it. :angry: How can i fix it for good so no more snow gets under it? I'm looking for a real fix, not duct tape or anything like that ;)

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 11 2010, 04:45 PM~16585222
Can you sew it? or is the shit to fine

What about a iron on patch.Kinda like the ones you put on jeans when you have a hole in them
I've tried sewing a cover before with the same thread that i used for leather seats but it still came undone and didnt last long. I suppose an iron on patch would work, i just don't know what kind of material to use or where i would get it.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Humm i'd try a fabric store.I'm for sure they would know what i'm talking about.I take my jeans to a sewing shop and they do it.Wal-mart might have some they got about everything else.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
best way is to take it to an awning shop they work with the same cloth as the car covers, most people wouldn't even charge you for that small of a rip
laterz

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by baggedout81+Feb 12 2010, 11:39 PM~16599117-->
Hell Walgreens even has them.Dont know if this is what your looking for.But this is what i was talking about
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Clo...i_sku=sku317102
[/b]
Looks cheap enough to try :biggrin:

<!--QuoteBegin-Glamorous Life
@Feb 12 2010, 11:40 PM~16599123
best way is to take it to an awning shop they work with the same cloth as the car covers, most people wouldn't even charge you for that small of a rip
  laterz
An awning shop huh. I never would of thought of that, i'll see if i can find one around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts