LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two pumps to the front with a x block and one dump. Both springs up front are the same as well as tire air pressure. My car always hops to the right and its very annoying, What would cause this? I do have 3 more shims in the right control arm compared to the left but that was just to make the camber even, could that cause it?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
:uh: The only thing I can say is, get used to it. Just about every car I've ever seen moves to one side or the other when hopping.
My Expedition moves to the left as I hop it. My boy's Coupe DeVille moves to the right..........

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 10 2005, 08:59 PM~3584726
as long as it dont go both ways...you should be alright.
i hear that shit... :ugh: :ugh: :nono:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Sounds like maybe your rear end is not level

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know the rear body is not level, the left side sits lower....the body is a peice of crap, im just waiting for the coners to buckle.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Make sure your rear is fully locked and even.. and make sure you tie your steering wheel down so that its straight....driver seatbelt works good.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Montey C@Aug 11 2005, 07:04 PM~3595764
Make sure your rear is fully locked and even.. and make sure you tie your steering wheel down so that its straight....driver seatbelt works good.
hard to do with an Impala

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
today i measured from ground to fender and the right side sits about 1/2inch higher than the left,,,,now i would think that if the right side sits higher that it would turn towards the left while hopping. does anyone agree?

O

·
0 Posts
maybe your frame is bent.

as in one front frame rail is higher or lower than the other.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 11 2005, 04:29 PM~3595926
hard to do with an Impala

get rid of that panhard bar and get a slingshot.. it'll hop straight then :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
han man one side is 25 or 30 lbs differant cause of the battery and shit no? im sure that just about all cars got more weight on one side in the front than the other, Just a thought anyway

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
tire pressue has to be the same, and the springs have to be cut the same and be sitting the same. Try playing with your tire pressure for starters, may be an easy fix for ya.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts