LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I leave my rims on my car without wrecking them?? They are 17" 100 spokes, and they'll be sitting for about 4 months, over winter. Is it okay or should I take them off and put them in my basment. The car is sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Take em off, to much stress on tha rims to sit so long!

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by scrooge@Nov 16 2003, 11:37 AM
Can I leave my rims on my car without wrecking them?? They are 17" 100 spokes, and they'll be sitting for about 4 months, over winter. Is it okay or should I take them off and put them in my basment. The car is sitting in my garage.
put it on jackstands or blocks........just get it off the ground or you will have flat spots.......

L8

·
Registered
58 Posts
My buddy always jacks his truck up off the ground for winter and puts jackstands under the fame and lets it sit like that... Leaves wheels on. but he doesn't have wires.

Last edited by liquid at Nov 19 2003, 04:03 AM

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
why would it hurt your wheels there driven on 365 days a year by the rollers in cali why not be able to sit for a few months..shouldnt hurt em......mine are sittin

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Depends on the car, if it's an old school, take off the rims, put it on jackstands, better for the suspension(if it's stock) then it's a good opportunity to clean your rims nicely.

It all depends on your preference. Either way you should be fine, but just take em off and clean em

·
Registered
376 Posts
Should not have a problem, I would only take wheels off to clean or detail them. Leaving dirt and brake dust on the inside of the wheel is probly the worst. I've let sit my heavy 65 impala with hydralics on 13's for the past 4 winters and come spring wheels look good tires ride just as good. Just keep em clean and away from moisture. Know if it makes you feel better take em' off. Some tire shops will do it for you as long as you have stocks and purchased custom wheels with them. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts