LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya i got my carb fixed 4 weeks ago and everything ran tyight...then all of a sudden last week it started to run like shit...i was thinking that the choke was taking a while to kick in...its electric so i though nothing big about it...now when i go to drive it it seems as though it boggs out a slow acceleration! and there is loud humming noise coming from the choke itself!!!! what do you all think? please help!
dirty regal :angry:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
you might have some shit clogging the fuel lines, maybe replace fuel filter and run some carb cleaner. that would be your cheapest first step. if thats not it i would go back to who ever did your carb for u

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
check the egr valve while your at it .... usually it's next to the carb

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys im gonna try this.....but what would be the loud humming noise form the choke???it sounds as though its seized or sumthin like that!
help please!
thanks again guys/gurls...any one who helps

Last edited by dirtyregal at Aug 25 2003, 05:12 PM

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cus they wanted 400 hundo for new one....and it wasnt in stock anywhere around here.....and they would of had to install it for me, and do all the pumbing, plus my vaccum assis t wasnt working eitehr, and the oil pressure switc plus they dropped the tank cus my buddy never pulled the old pump in after teh engine swap! i know though i should of sold the fucking car lol!
:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts