LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....The rear of my ride is kind of vibrating and everything was looked at. Would an aout of tru rim cause this? It only can be felt at like 55mph plus and the tires stay cold. I just got them rebalanced and it still does it...... I'd appreciate tha help ;)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yeah rim seems to be bad, or else is NOT TRUED CORRECTLY, try to swap the rim fron the front or the opposite side to the one where it wobbles, see if warranty covers that problem ;)

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Un fortunately no warranty since they are Roadsters :( I think it is on of the rear tires but hard to tell which side. Def a good idea to rotate. I really wish I could rotate to the front but I have 14x7's up front and 14x6's in the rear. If this is the probelm, how od I go about fixing it. I have only had the rims for 2 years and only one has a slight curb mark otherwise they look like they just came out of the box. I dont want to buy another set of rims only to have it happen again down the road. The price would eventually add up. Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 27 2003, 08:48 AM
it could be your u joints though.........
Driveshaft unbalanced? Or yes it could be the spokes on the wheels, run your finger over them and if they go clink clink then they are loose and you will need to have them trued or replaced. I just went though this shit. Hope this helps

Pacific Northwest Lady Hopper
Hydrogirl

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U joints brand new, Driveshaft checked, etc. like I said everything has been checked.... Even the rear control arms are new. I dont have any loose though so I think the rim is just out of true. I do appreciate the help though. I really need to put on my factory rims I guess and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yea my pops went thru all that u guys might be wtf but i suggest you to change your tires that what caused the problem in his car.........

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by Hydrogirl+Sep 27 2003, 05:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydrogirl @ Sep 27 2003, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 27 2003, 08:48 AM
it could be your u joints though.........
Driveshaft unbalanced? Or yes it could be the spokes on the wheels, run your finger over them and if they go clink clink then they are loose and you will need to have them trued or replaced. I just went though this shit. Hope this helps

Pacific Northwest Lady Hopper
Hydrogirl[/b][/quote]
yes i went through this also.............why the hell can't i find a decent set of wires :(

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by crazy4hydros@Sep 27 2003, 01:59 PM
Yea my pops went thru all that u guys might be wtf but i suggest you to change your tires that what caused the problem in his car.........
Yeah maybe you have a bad belt in a tire? Most of the time with a bad belt you feel it when moving slow, but maybe its not real bad and you feel it at higher speeds?

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah thats possible but I just got all new tires....however the new tire could be just bad. It comes and goes though. Sometimes it will be shaking everythign in the ride and other times nada... Hate when I cant pinpoint stuff... I will def keep ya informed as I try to figure it out. Again appreciate the ideas.. I will have to keep the slipped belt in mind ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts