LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 impala that I put some 13's on and for some reason, my car shakes and vibrates a lot at high speeds. I never really noticed it but then I took it on the freeway and suddenly it felt like the whole car was gunna fall apart. Could it be that the wheels aren't sitting right? I don't ever remember it being like this before the daytons. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
because u have small wheels and most likely skinny ones... u cant go fast with them... thats y the car shakes and before u got ur daytons u still had regular tires

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
yup i say balance them and align that bitch should do you right

·
-------------------------
3,986 Posts
Originally posted by abas_abas@Jun 29 2007, 07:14 AM~8199261
because u have small wheels and most likely skinny ones... u cant go fast with them... thats y the car shakes and before u got ur daytons u still had regular tires
Wrong, you can still go fast on 13's without having all kinds of vibrations, the wheels just need to be balanced (and maybe an alignment).
Going fast on 13's is just dangerous because it's very hard on the tires (heat, wear etc.)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
DID YOU FIX IT?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Originally posted by abas_abas@Jun 28 2007, 10:14 PM~8199261
:roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsdown: :banghead: :twak: so this means you have never had wires and have no idea what you are talking about!!
i can ride at 90+ on my 13's in comfort, no vibrations, no probs, explain that 1!!!

look man, like already stated, get the balance checked, and alignment, and you should be good!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
if balancing ur tires and the alignment dont help check ur motor mounts or if u still havent balanced ur tires or did an alignment check ur motor/transmission mounts cuz if one of those is broken ur car will vibrate 2. to check them hold the brake pedal put the car in gear (D) and while still holding the brake pedal step on the accelerator and if the engine jumps alot that means u have a mount and do in ® also the same way but if it only jumps like about an inch than its ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts