LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 Cutlass was running, quit and will not start. Can hear starter. Have spark and fuel to injector manifold. Do no know how to check ignition module or where to find it.
Any ideas would be helpful

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
take one of the sparkplugs wit the wire still connected to it, place it on the valve cover, as your startin the car check to see if theres spark, if not check the next one, if its the same wit that, than check the distributer wit an omhmeter n than the coil (if aplicable) well ne way good luck oh n try starter fluid to see if ne thing happens.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
just for reference, your ignition module is below the distributor (i think). well it is on the 1988 lincoln town car

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have fuel to the injectors, but do not have electrical power to the injectors. Maybe there is a vacuum or pressure switch or something?

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
dead battery, clogged lines, fuel injectors could be caked in carbon, no matter what, take the car for a full engine cleaning. I just had my 2.8 rebuilt just to have it completely cleaned and lubed up. Sounds stupid, but keeps my engine sounding and riding right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts