LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my story, its snowing and very cold out and I drove my car yesterday and then this morning the car wont start. I had no probs with it yesterday but today for some reason it wont start. When I turn the key it doesnt make any kind of sound at all could this be the battery or the starter. Can someone tell me this, its actually my daily driver a Toyota Camry Wagon. I just cant see it being the starter but it could be the battery can someone help??

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
bring the battery inside for a while so it can warm up, then try again.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Pycho611+Dec 7 2003, 01:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pycho611 @ Dec 7 2003, 01:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Foompla@Dec 6 2003, 09:19 PM
Yeah you think this will work??[/b][/quote]
Yes, battery acid is a combination of sulfer and water. When water freezes it will make the battery inoperable.

try this first.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Foompla+Dec 6 2003, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Dec 6 2003, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 01:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Foompla
@Dec 6 2003, 09:19 PM

Yeah you think this will work??
Yes, battery acid is a combination of sulfer and water. When water freezes it will make the battery inoperable.

try this first.[/b][/quote]
THANKS MAN HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU OR ANYONE YOUR KNOW! Its a really small battery to I was going to think the same thing!

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Pycho611+Dec 7 2003, 01:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pycho611 @ Dec 7 2003, 01:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 09:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Foompla

try this first.
THANKS MAN HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU OR ANYONE YOUR KNOW! Its a really small battery to I was going to think the same thing![/b][/quote]
why havent you taken it out yet? :biggrin:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Foompla+Dec 6 2003, 09:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Dec 6 2003, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 09:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Foompla

try this first.

THANKS MAN HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU OR ANYONE YOUR KNOW! Its a really small battery to I was going to think the same thing!
why havent you taken it out yet? :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Im going to take it out tommorow morning im kinda tired but will keep it out for half the day and see what it does when I put it back in. Thanks Again! :biggrin:

·
Registered
840 Posts
If it's snowing, then it's probably not cold enough to freeze the battery. Have your batter checked and if you need a new one, get one with good cold cranking amps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by kaddylowrider@Dec 6 2003, 09:52 PM
If it's snowing, then it's probably not cold enough to freeze the battery. Have your batter checked and if you need a new one, get one with good cold cranking amps.
You know what your dam right Im going to try both of them. Im going to take the battery out and get it checked I mean I most likely need a new battery I know I do. So im probably going to end up getting a new one the one I have has been in there for a long time

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by kaddylowrider@Dec 7 2003, 01:52 AM
Have your batter checked and if you need a new one, get one with good cold cranking amps.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Go to Sears. They will check your battery for you, recommend a good replacement for your car and their Diehards hold up nice and have a hassle free warranty :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by kaddylowrider@Dec 6 2003, 10:01 PM
Go to Sears. They will check your battery for you, recommend a good replacement for your car and their Diehards hold up nice and have a hassle free warranty :thumbsup:
NICE!!!! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys well I tried jump it with a car battery charger and I guess the battery went bad because even when I charged it would crank over. Im guessing now I need a new battery! :uh:

·
Registered
715 Posts
remove battery from vehicle, wrap, in fleece electric blanket, w/ christmas music in background, and re-install in morning, that should do it

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by low_master@Dec 8 2003, 01:47 AM
remove battery from vehicle, wrap, in fleece electric blanket, w/ christmas music in background, and re-install in morning, that should do it
hmm... sounds familiar

lol at christmas music

1 - 15 of 15 Posts