LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys...

what do you guys do to take care of that problem...on old school rides...cuz whit injection every thing is ok...

I know that every time my homie hops his ride...the carb over flows....and he stall...

breather...defferent carb...he has the og 2 barrel...is there a carb that has a defferent configuration...that dosent over fill???

just wondering...i want to convert my 64 to a 4 barrel (2small+2 big barrels)

;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Its a shame the search does not still work..... there was a topic on this a while back.... but basically there are 2 ways that most stop this.... I am not too sure on part numbers, but you can change the float and carb parts to stuff they use on 4x4's to stop the overflow... there is a kit out there somewhere.... just dont remember exactly.... oh well, at least the hint might point ya in the right direction :uh:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SLAMNFX@Nov 25 2003, 01:25 PM
Its a shame the search does not still work..... there was a topic on this a while back.... but basically there are 2 ways that most stop this.... I am not too sure on part numbers, but you can change the float and carb parts to stuff they use on 4x4's to stop the overflow... there is a kit out there somewhere.... just dont remember exactly.... oh well, at least the hint might point ya in the right direction :uh:
thanks...to bad I missed that topic :( ...If some body has any news on this...

and for a 4 barrel carb...what would be the float part number...

;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
the kit youre talking about only works for edelbrock carbs, not stockers..

its a spring loaded needle and seat kit..

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
change the carb, aftermarket edelbrock ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Nov 25 2003, 09:46 PM
edlebrock carbs are JUNK!!!!
never heard that before, but I can line up 100 people who will tell you Holleys are garbage!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 25 2003, 08:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 25 2003, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs@Nov 25 2003, 09:46 PM
edlebrock carbs are JUNK!!!!
never heard that before, but I can line up 100 people who will tell you Holleys are garbage![/b][/quote]
yep, I believe STREET SWEEPAZ went through a couple HOLLEYS before he got his edelbrock and no problems yet :0 ;) :cool:

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
anyway to fix this with out puttin 500 into a new carb?

i got this problem with my caddy and i need it fixed so i can hop and drive at the same time......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts