LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by 74chevy glasshouse@Mar 20 2010, 03:30 AM~16943564
any links to diagrams
thanks :cool:
if you dont have any smog shit you really only need big hose in back of carb for brake booster,and small hose for vaccum advance on distributor-unless heater controls are vaccum operated,then you need to run more little line-plug the rest and your golden :cool:
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
aside from the brake booster the big one


doesnt matter what you run where on that ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Mar 21 2010, 12:22 AM~16949107
aside from the brake booster  the big one
doesnt matter what you run where on that  ;)
truth-but like i stated remember distribitor vaccum advance and heater controls if they arent cable drivin :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
get rid of the rochester and get a holley or edelbrock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by danp68@Mar 20 2010, 06:59 PM~16948299
if you dont have any smog shit you really only need big hose in back of carb for brake booster,and small hose for vaccum advance on distributor-unless heater controls are vaccum operated,then you need to run more little line-plug the rest and your golden  :cool:
WHAT ABOUT PCV?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
On my Quadrajet, the PCV line goes into the lower, front of the carb, (large black hose in the photo). The PCV valve is on the valve cover end.
 

·
Member # 1,077
Joined
·
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by dcairns@Jun 18 2010, 10:06 AM~17822809
On my Quadrajet, the PCV line goes into the lower, front of the carb, (large black hose in the photo).  The PCV valve is on the valve cover end.
x2
 

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
Joined
·
15,756 Posts
Originally posted by bjcarranco@Mar 21 2010, 01:38 AM~16950661
get rid of the rochester and get a   holley   or edelbrock.
worst advice ever.... :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Originally posted by 74chevy glasshouse@Jun 19 2010, 04:02 PM~17833801
wat year motor is that mines a 74 does that make a difference??
Not sure what year the motor is. It is a 69-79 350 block, but it was all assembled as a 383 for my 64 Impala. I suppose I could dig up the carb to look at the number on it to determine exactly what you are looking at in those pictures. The Quadajet is gone now, replaced with an original looking Carter AFB and matchin intake. Not as nice as the Quadrajet, but it could fool you into thinking it was a 327 not a 383 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Originally posted by Reverend Hearse@Jun 19 2010, 07:58 PM~17835105
worst advice ever.... :uh:
better than a rochester... :uh:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top