LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
start by taking off all the trim pieces and pillars, allong with the visors. and the dome light and anything else that looks like it might be holding it up. then the headliner should come out. strip the existing material and use a wire brush or sander to remove the foam. prepping it is the most important step. the use a good quality adhesive to attatch your material. put the headliner back in place(helps to have a friends) and attach all the trim and pieces you removed. good luck and if you have any more questions just ask ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, hehe i was feeling hopeless fur a sekin. was thinkin that know one wun wanted to touch that question! deeply appreciated!...

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
also when applying new material start from the middle....and work your way outward from there...i usually use a long piece of cardboard thats around 4''s wide to help laying the new fabric down.....for contact cement i suggest going to an upholstery shop and trying to buy some of their glue off of them...you will need a spray gun to apply it though but hey thats only 20$ any cheap one will do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts