LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:biggrin: My monitor came last week and iv been sanding like whoa, Software plans for pc is Centrafuse for media frontend and Dashcommand for gauges and engine diagnostics

... and theres also talk with a friend of writing a custom GUI to interface with air suspension through the pc and possibly with the ability to controll them over wifi also :wow: with this awesome usb relay controller...but were still in the very early stages of this totally doable project ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but anyway pics speak for themselves sorry for not having as many in between and beginning pics.

Sacrafising the center air vents for a few extra ounces of awesomesauce

Testing out the video and touch response with myspace and halo legends.

sanded the whole panel down with 60/100 to get rid of that factory pattern and hit with primer to check for any mistakes, theres still a few low spots that will get taken care of tonight.

:biggrin: What you guys think so far

·
Registered
558 Posts
should have tested it on layitlow

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made some progress last night guys, im at the point where im happy with the smootheness of the bezel,

This is about all im gonna be able to do this weekend, i left the touchkit driver cd at work and spring break nationals is right down the street and i intend to go.. so hit me with some feedback lemme know what you think.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by Blazerbump03@Mar 13 2010, 01:22 PM~16879851
Made some progress last night guys, im at the point where im happy with the smootheness of the bezel,

This is about all im gonna be able to do this weekend, i left the touchkit driver cd at work and spring break nationals is right down the street and i intend to go.. so hit me with some feedback lemme know what you think.

:biggrin:
that really is bad ass man!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate the positive feedback, i think im gonna gut out the pocket inside the underdash where the ash tray and cig lighter is next and mold in one of those multi card readers and 2 usb ports to be able to plug anything in whenever and extend the pcs power button to there so i can turn it on and off with out actually having to get to it but keep everything nice and hidden at the same time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by Blazerbump03@Mar 13 2010, 01:34 PM~16880848
Appreciate the positive feedback, i think im gonna gut out the pocket inside the underdash where the ash tray and cig lighter is next and mold in one of those multi card readers and 2 usb ports to be able to plug anything in whenever and extend the pcs power button to there so i can turn it on and off with out actually having to get to it but keep everything nice and hidden at the same time.

that shit would be hella dope so get on it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never realized this before but after putting this monitor in and removing my old pioneer nav unit i couldn't believe this is how much junk it took just for it to function, i sure have a LOT of free room behind the dash now.

I removed and started measuring and brainstorming on fitting the usb hub and power button and led in here, im gonna scratch the card reader since i dont really have anything to plug into it, i found a nice 4 port hub on tigerdirect that i think will fit nicely, gonna order it this weekend sometime and get started.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
lookin badass man, is this the blazer?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've been wanting to do something like this myself!! Great build keep us posted...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I managed to run some wire out to the battery to hook up a power inverter to run this on for the time being, i need to wait until bills are paid to order the carnex clean power supply, but managed to start some test fitting of the pc mounting and what not.

Didnt take a picture before hacking into this but you get the idea, ditching the useless cubby space.

This is close to the angle i want, im going to mount it down securly to the floor and add onto the existing console so it acts like a cover and all youll see is a slot to load the discs

Thats all for tonight, long day no chemicles and im itching to watch the crazies haha

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Blazerbump03@Mar 15 2010, 05:30 PM~16898515
I managed to run some wire out to the battery to hook up a power inverter to run this on for the time being, i need to wait until bills are paid to order the carnex clean power supply, but managed to start some test fitting of the pc mounting and what not.
Didnt take a picture before hacking into this but you get the idea, ditching the useless cubby space.

This is close to the angle i want, im going to mount it down securly to the floor and add onto the existing console so it acts like a cover and all youll see is a slot to load the discs

Thats all for tonight, long day no chemicles and im itching to watch the crazies haha
Looks tight

Your in for a disappointment w/ that stupid asss movie sorry it sucked sheep sack

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
:drama:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts