LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work @ a carpet factory so i gots access 2 a hella amount of carpet,can u put home carpet n a car is my question,would it work

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
if you were to do it your going to need to get a big roll of paper...its kind of thick and usually brown sorta like grocery bags but basically your going to take your seats out and pattern out the floor board with the paper...shaping the paper to the curves in the floorboard and then cut the carpet out to the size of the paper and glue it in piece by piece....probably be a good idea to lay some kind of outdoor foam down under it to give you an easier surface to glue to....i havent ever done this before but this is how i patterned berth's and seating out in boats so there is no reason it shouldnt work for you here

Last edited by enough_talkin at Nov 24 2003, 02:30 AM

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I dunno about all that shit man, I did in my lac and it was hell, used regular house carpet, took off the hard shit on the back, then used house padding for insulation and such, it didnt come out well to say the least, but if you want a nice professional looking interior I wouldnt suggest using house carpet..

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Cheech and Chong did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts