LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night in Vegas I was hopping on the strip and my front pump started to sound like gears grinding or low fluid grind or oil cavitation, it would struggle to go up but if I would keep hitting the switch the grinding noise would stop and it would work fine as before...pulled into my hotel parking lot took the pump apart with the homie and took the gear apart and it looked fine inside and the internal seals looked new,pulled the motor apart and the brushes and armature looked perfect...i thought to my self it has to be the Marz gear. so I swapped it with the new one. put everything back together and it worked perfect.. got home this morning and put the used gear i pulled out last night and installed it in another lowlow i have and it works perfect......wtf....is it cavitation? or something wierd going on with that pump head. Mind you the gear was in a lowlow originally with 12 batteries and now its in a lowlow with 6 batteries.Im leaning more towards the gear has some damage that I cannot visually tell.. but that gear is has only seen 3 weeks of use.....anyone ever have this problem chime in thanks....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts