LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I wanna have two front pumps running 48 or 60 volts to the front and I have to older CCE street pumps with the regular steel pumpheads. The problem is I don't know if the pumphead gears are the same. I have to buy a third pump. Will a Marzocchii xtreme flow#5 fit my older street block on my other pump? how many mounting bolts does it have? or do i have to buy a new block and or pumphead key to put on?



Last edited by LD0GG at Nov 27 2003, 02:13 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
stay away from the #5 extreme heads. To see if your heads are a matching pair measure the width of the center of it. A #8 will be a longer head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
I don't think the xterme flow will fit your older block.It has a different four bolt pattern.CCE has a block made for that gear,and they even hold the pat. for the key.Those steel gears are not the strongest they break easy with alot of volts.you would be better of up grading to the big marz.it is alot stronger and more reliable.You might be able to just have extra mounting bolt holes drilled and tapped on your street blocks.How many bolts did you say they have now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by hoppinhonda@Nov 27 2003, 02:28 PM
I don't think the xterme flow will fit your older block.It has a different four bolt pattern.CCE has a block made for that gear,and they even hold the pat. for the key.Those steel gears are not the strongest they break easy with alot of volts.you would be better of up grading to the big marz.it is alot stronger and more reliable.You might be able to just have extra mounting bolt holes drilled and tapped on your street blocks.How many bolts did you say they have now?
if forget which is the mounting bolts and which are the head bolts. There are 2 silver and 4 black ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG@Nov 27 2003, 12:36 PM
do I have to get a competition blocks to run the bigger #7 marzocchii's?
How many holes are in your block to bolt the head down? They need 4 of them. The 2 that are in it now and the upper 2 also. Some blocks have all six holes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
you probably have two holes,the outer ones.you could just have a machine shop in your area drill and tap the top two,and the bottom two.It will work just like the comp. block. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hydrota+Nov 27 2003, 02:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydrota @ Nov 27 2003, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG@Nov 27 2003, 12:36 PM
do I have to get a competition blocks to run the bigger #7 marzocchii's?
How many holes are in your block to bolt the head down? They need 4 of them. The 2 that are in it now and the upper 2 also. Some blocks have all six holes.[/b][/quote]
you said 4 of them ? so so how why does block have six? I will have to take the head of to tell ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG+Nov 27 2003, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LD0GG @ Nov 27 2003, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 02:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG
@Nov 27 2003, 12:36 PM
do I have to get a competition blocks to run the bigger #7 marzocchii's?

How many holes are in your block to bolt the head down? They need 4 of them. The 2 that are in it now and the upper 2 also. Some blocks have all six holes.
you said 4 of them ? so so how why does block have six? I will have to take the head of to tell ya[/b][/quote]
You only have to have the top 4, Some have 6 too use all the bolts. Either way is correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by hydrota+Nov 27 2003, 02:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydrota @ Nov 27 2003, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 02:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG
@Nov 27 2003, 12:36 PM
do I have to get a competition blocks to run the bigger #7 marzocchii's?

How many holes are in your block to bolt the head down? They need 4 of them. The 2 that are in it now and the upper 2 also. Some blocks have all six holes.

you said 4 of them ? so so how why does block have six? I will have to take the head of to tell ya
You only have to have the top 4, Some have 6 too use all the bolts. Either way is correct.[/b][/quote]
I doubt since they are about 3 years old that they have the extra holes :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG+Nov 27 2003, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LD0GG @ Nov 27 2003, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 02:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG
@Nov 27 2003, 12:36 PM
do I have to get a competition blocks to run the bigger #7 marzocchii's?

How many holes are in your block to bolt the head down? They need 4 of them. The 2 that are in it now and the upper 2 also. Some blocks have all six holes.

you said 4 of them ? so so how why does block have six? I will have to take the head of to tell ya

You only have to have the top 4, Some have 6 too use all the bolts. Either way is correct.
I doubt since they are about 3 years old that they have the extra holes :([/b][/quote]
You just have too check. Sometimes theres only one block made. Its not much trouble for them to drill a few more holes in it. Then they put on a steel head or a marzocchi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG@Nov 27 2003, 12:51 PM
does a extreme flow use the same bolt pattern as other marz? also what key would I need for marz
The extreme head uses its own bolt pattern and key. The marzocchi is a 16 spline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG+Nov 27 2003, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LD0GG @ Nov 27 2003, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG@Nov 27 2003, 02:45 PM
the width of the pump heads is 3 and 3/4 inches on both of em...
does this sound like I measured right? are they both 6's?[/b][/quote]
I dont have any steel heads or I could measure for ya. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
This is what i meant, or the whole lenght this way would work also.
The gear is right there and the width of it determines its size.

 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top