LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a difference in a 4 pump CCE comp setup with #9 heads compared to a Showtime comp. setup with #9 heads? I have ran both and to me it doesn't seem to be any different. Can anyone tell me the difference in them without just saying Showtime is better?

·
Registered
50 Posts
well i know i blew the valve right out of the cce dump body w, a showtime pump :biggrin: kinda pissed though oil all over my trunk :angry: but thats a story for a differnt time oh and showtime ck valves suck they leak cce valves no problems yet exep the one that i blew the dump out i also blew the ck valve out of :uh:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 8 2003, 07:08 AM
if they're both no 9 then obviously they work the same.. the difference is in YOUR preference and overal quality of ALL the components COMBINED... compared to cost....

my opinion anyway..
dido...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Showtimes comp blocks have steel inserts where the pump head bolts to the block and CCE's dont. Not that it really matters, just becareful and dont over tighten the bolts on the pumphead. Both are good products and it comes down to the what you prefer. Personally, I run CCE and have no problems.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by phat2600@Oct 8 2003, 05:44 AM
oh and showtime ck valves suck they leak
not sayin anything about how you type, but this should have been in CAPS. :biggrin:

i cleaned mine out today, again with carb cleaner, and they still leak. after they was dry i blew into one and it leaked. the other one did the same thing. are they suposed to?

Last edited by liquid_202mo at Oct 8 2003, 11:43 AM

·
Registered
193 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 8 2003, 01:00 PM
true, showtime checks do SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
every one knows CCE is simply the best in hydraulics.
texas has a new distributor it is in odessa texas.
FatDADDYS Home of LOCOGOAT real cheap prices.
phone number is (432)-335-0619. call if you want a real deal. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
im runnin the cce set up with the bullshit #5 marcozzis...i hate it....check valves keep leakin...the pumphead is a piece of shit....theres a problem with my rear pump gear...ive replaced the seal in the gear about 5 times...and thats $20.00 each time...i was gonna change the pumphead to a bigger size but cce is smart....that block only holds the #5 pumphead...did i mention the set up is brand new and ive only been using it for bout 5-6 months...so very shortly i will b gettin a new set up...definatly not from cce!!!!!

O

·
0 Posts
cce still sucks

poor machining,their strokes bend easy, due to poor material quality,i could continue but ill stop here.

like i said

c=cheap
c=crappy
e=engineering

:uh:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by ITSSHOWTIME@Oct 8 2003, 01:02 PM
SEND THE CHECKS BACK TO US AND I WILL REPLCE THEM FOR YOU..

SHOWTIME
4254 NORTH SELLAND AVE
FRESNO, CA
ATTN: MARK
i would but it is on my DD. im gunna look around here and see if i can find some so i can change them, and be drivin in a couple hours.if i can or cant find any ill send them back.
thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN CADDI@Oct 8 2003, 04:04 PM
im runnin the cce set up with the bullshit #5 marcozzis...i hate it....check valves keep leakin...the pumphead is a piece of shit....theres a problem with my rear pump gear...ive replaced the seal in the gear about 5 times...and thats $20.00 each time...i was gonna change the pumphead to a bigger size but cce is smart....that block only holds the #5 pumphead...did i mention the set up is brand new and ive only been using it for bout 5-6 months...so very shortly i will b gettin a new set up...definatly not from cce!!!!!
its not the pump its the person who owns it . CCE rules.
if you would have called to fat daddys you wouldent have this rob and the # 5 is for sissys. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do know about the inserts and I am currently using both. I have a CCE Fatboy setup and a Showtime comp. setup. I also have some CCE comp pumps and I really can't tell a difference. Just wanted everyones opinion. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts