LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a Sony cd player and it is one where its a screen that flips down and you can put the cd in and the controls are there when you flip it down...think its CDX 3610. anyway nothing on the screen works and none of the controls work.the remote still works it and you can listen too cds but the only way to get the cd out is too hit the reset button.what could be wrong

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 94 lexus she got it from a dealer ship and the cd player was installed by them.It worked for a long time and one of the fuses blew and none of here dash worked including the cd player so I changed the fuse and everything went back to normal except the cd player.

·
Registered
873 Posts
sounds like the connection from the faceplace to the headunit isnt very good. or maybe you have a bad solder joint inside the actual unit.
its easy to fix, you just buy this new jvc cd/mp3 player i got for sale for 80 $ :)

nah for real tho, take the faceplate off and clean those connections with some rubbing alcohol or something if that doesnt work, its probably something inside the head unit (or faceplace). but since none of the controls or the screen works, id say it was in the faceplate connection. just my opinion, but im fully blunted right now :puffin:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Aug 17 2006, 12:43 PM~5987100
It worked for a long time and one of the fuses blew and none of her dash worked including the cd player so I changed the fuse and everything went back to normal except the cd player.
The fuse blew for a reason and if everything else protected by that fuse works except the stereo then I would think something broke or shorted inside the unit and blew the fuse. Other things on that fuse you say work now and the CD player is the only thing not working so I would be looking at that. Yes it's possible that it's a faceplate connection but I think something inside broke and burned up and created an open circuit and this is why the new fuse does not blow any more.
If all else fails, take it out of the car and bench check it or pull it loose and verify voltages and connections.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts