LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS UP, I HAVE A JVC KEMELIEON WITH 2-12 POLK DX'S AND A CRUNCH COMP 4 CHANNEL 800RMS. I HAVE POLK COMPONETS AS WELL, BUT EVERY TIME I TURN MY KEY BACK TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE PARKED, MY CD PLAYER SHUTS OFF AND COMES BACK ON. I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A POWER LOSS LIKE MY BATTERY GOING DEAD BUT NOW IT IS STARTING TO DO IT WHILE I DRIVE.

ALSO IF I LEAVE IT TURNED DOWN TO LIKE 18 WHILE THE CAR IS OFF, IT'S FINE, AND I CAN TURN IT UP TO LIKE 25 -28 BEFORE IT SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING. MIND YOU IT COMES RIGHT BACK ON BY ITSELF AND STARTS PLAYING AGAIN AFTER IT SHUTS OFF.
WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS???
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANYONE.........................

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
sounds like there is a power problem perhaps a speaker wire grounding out, it may be a combo of your amp sucking too much power of a weak or almost dead batt (age wise).
try un-hooking the amp and then turn up the deck, a deck is rated to handle from 11 to 16 volts if it drops below or above that it will shut off, check you batt with a volt meter!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, i'll try that

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
well hey put it this way atleast yours dont pop a fuse then you replace it then out of nowhere it does it again, then you end up getting a cheap fuse and the fucker melts in the fuse box like myne did yesterday :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts